IGNORED

CD/DVD/Blu-Ray for Ripping with Accurate Rip

Hello -

Nee to purchase an external ripper. My drive is starting to introduce errors and would like to get something - most like Blu Ray. Can anyone make a suggestion as to one that has been perform well with dbPoweramp?

Thank you -

Richard

My System: McIntosh C47, McIntosh MC152, McIntosh MCT450, Prima Luna Dialogue Premium Tube Integrated, Dynaudio Special 25's, Transparent Super Interconnects and Speaker Cables

• 10 months later...
Hello -

Nee to purchase an external ripper. My drive is starting to introduce errors and would like to get something - most like Blu Ray. Can anyone make a suggestion as to one that has been perform well with dbPoweramp?

Thank you -

Richard

I don't have experience with external BD drives but FWIW, I purchased a Pioneer BDC-207DBK and has been great (I use dBpoweramp as well).

I believe this drive was recommended by many here and elsewhere. It's very reasonably priced and have had no issues.

My rig

I think people slightly misunderstands what OP wants.

He wants a ripping program that has similar correction-database like AccurateRip.

To answer OP's question: There isn't one. A very deep thank to DMCA and greedy RIAA that makes anything ripping Blu-Ray / DVD-A illegal in United States, forcing us to rely on a product (AnyDVD HD) from a company located in some small island country which makes money by hosting online gambling sites for Americans. How beautiful the situation is.

It is actually far less likely getting errors though, since the error correction for data for DVD/Blu-Ray is far more robust than music CD.

You need two things : AnyDVD HD (SlySoft Products | Backup Movie DVDs with AnyDVD and CloneDVD), and DVD Audio Extractor (DVD Audio Extractor -- Full featured DVD audio ripper for your easy use). Neither DVD and Blu-ray are supposed to be rippable, so file structure is quite complex and confusing compared to CD. A lot of practices are needed.

Edit : Actually, I may be also misunderstanding what OP wants...

If you mean physical ripping drive, LG is the best bet.

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics-Super-Multi-External-BE14NU40/dp/B00ACOQF2Q/

It requires power plug, otherwise it seems good (BDXL support, M-Disc support)

Neither DVD and Blu-ray are supposed to be rippable, so file structure is quite complex and confusing compared to CD. A lot of practices are needed.

I would disagree with this statement.

As I understand it DVD (and BluRay) use a fairly standard file structure. Its just the encryption used for DRM that makes them a pain in the a*** to rip.

On the other hand Audio CDs have no file structure as such...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I would disagree with this statement.

As I understand it DVD (and BluRay) use a fairly standard file structure. Its just the encryption used for DRM that makes them a pain in the a*** to rip.

On the other hand Audio CDs have no file structure as such...

The only complicated part of DVD is the interactive menu system. The rest is just MPEG files. Bluray is a bit more involved, but not much if you only want the main video feature. Encryption is, as you say, the main hurdle.