IGNORED

Changing sample rate from 192/24 to 96/24

Looking for some help. I have a number of 192/24 files and my Cambridge StreamMagic 6 (v1) is unable to play. I have searched for help without success.

I'm in the Mac environment but have an external drive with Windows XP/Parallells on it.

Any assistance would be appreciated so that I can listen to that music.

Audiophile Inventory.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical to EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> ISO Regen -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Oh, and I believe Audirvana Plus and possibly HQPlayer may be able to down-rez those on the fly.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical to EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> ISO Regen -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Hi zebb,

Most (but not all) of the sample rate conversion algorithms I've listened to tend to brighten and harden the sound, anywhere from just a little bit to quite appreciably. The most transparent sample rate conversion I've yet heard is marketed by iZotope (Alexey Lukin's "64-bit SRC"). It can be had for a reasonable price in Audiofile Engineering's wonderful batch processor Sample Manager.

Might be worth trying a demo to see what you think.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Barry

Soundkeeper Recordings

The Soundkeeper | Audio, Music, Recording, Playback

Barry Diament Audio

Not Saracon Barry?

Hi 24/88.2,

As I often say, what is "good", "better", or "best" depends entirely on what one seeks. Personally, I seek hardware and software that gets out of the way. I'm always listening to different algorithms and to date, have not heard one that (to my ears) gets out of the way to anything like the degree Alexey's 64-bit SRC does.

Not that there aren't other good ones. I just haven't heard its match yet.

Just my perspective, of course.

Best regards,

Barry

Soundkeeper Recordings

The Soundkeeper | Audio, Music, Recording, Playback

Barry Diament Audio