IGNORED

Denon, DSD 5.6MHz / AIFF / ALAC support of new entry network player "DNP-730RE"

Wait. I found a pic of the back. hahaha I'm wrong. There are no amps! This "is a receiver" without power amps!!! Is this not JUST WHAT YOU WANT! LOL!

The picture that was linked in the original post only shows "audio outs" which will be a line level signal. What I would love to see is pre outs so that the volume level could be controlled from the device itself. Do you have a link to a different picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My issue would be (as Eloise says) does it network *stream* DSD as well as play it for a USB..?

Thinking about it; I don't think it has a USB input - it's network only.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

The picture that was linked in the original post only shows "audio outs" which will be a line level signal. What I would love to see is pre outs so that the volume level could be controlled from the device itself. Do you have a link to a different picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh. Ok. Your right. I see what you want. Kind of like my Benchmark DAC with inbuilt streamer...

Why don't you get one of those and something like this Denon. Or similar Marantz or Pioneer?

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

I actually think this Denon looks like it's going to fit a niche. It will likely be quality at a reasonable price from a well regarded brand. Put in the likes of Spotify Connect and it looks like it will be a reasonable product to me. But like Eloise say's it comes down to control point software. These big manufactures never spend enough time and resources on the control software!!!! And it will be upnp 1.5 for sure. Which means fat chance of decent synced multiroom. All the streamers here are the same on that .....

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

I just don't get these big manufacturers: there is yet to be the perfect streamer. That's because they never concentrate on the software !!!! That is like 95% of the battle with a streamer. If they got this right, and got sync happening like sonos, customers would buy one: think it was awesome then roll out several more. That's why I don't get the likes of Denon, Marantz and philips. !!!! Maybe they think Spotify will come to the rescue !

Take Denon. Sure. They have Heos. Then they roll out the streamer talked about here! Ok. So now what? This just leaves a customer confused. As one doesn't really fit in the ecosystem of the other! NAD are trying to solve this with Bluesound and the NAD bluesound "compatible" cards but Bluesound is not Upnp compatible and it won't do DSD...so we are back at square one. I mean WTF? Ahhhh

Oh. Ok. Your right. I see what you want. Kind of like my Benchmark DAC with inbuilt streamer...

Why don't you get one of those and something like this Denon. Or similar Marantz or Pioneer?

I actually bought a Pioneer 1124 receiver because it was the only thing I could find in my price range that did Everything I wanted. Feels silly to have all of those power Amps sitting there idle though. It would be nice to have 128 DSD but otherwise I don't have any complaints about the Pioneer.