IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

54 minutes ago, AMR/iFi audio said:

Naah, it's not that bad.

I don't think this is a simple mistake, especially if it happened multiple times before. All Tidal updates are perfectly capable of reinstalling my DAC, and WASAPI settings, so I don't see how they can't keep track of my payed-for Streaming Audio Quality. The money saved by this practice may not show up in the books.. 

It seems to me this is negligence indeed, but it does not rise to the level of criminal. However, on another nefarious note...why would Masters be disappearing from the catalog? Jazz Samba (Getz/Byrd). Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band  (Beatles). Is this only in the US catalog? I first saw these reported missing by a Tidal user on head-fi.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

On 5/17/2019 at 4:34 PM, left channel said:

It seems to me this is negligence indeed, but it does not rise to the level of criminal. However, on another nefarious note...why would Masters be disappearing from the catalog? Jazz Samba (Getz/Byrd). Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band  (Beatles). Is this only in the US catalog? I first saw these reported missing by a Tidal user on head-fi.

I see the deluxe version of Sgt. Pepper’s in MQA in Tidal via Audirvana.

56 minutes ago, phosphorein said:

I see the deluxe version of Sgt. Pepper’s in MQA in Tidal via Audirvana.

Thanks! I see an MQA version of the "Super Deluxe" release now. Maybe it was a question of which release... I seem to recall another release in MQA. But anyway, the Jazz Samba MQA is still MIA. It's a magical mystery.

Everyone wants to date my avatar.

On 5/18/2019 at 3:22 AM, Abtr said:

I never experienced this before in my 1.5 years as Tidal user. And I pay for Hifi/Master quality. 

Yeh I noticed this too since updating a few days ago. I've launched Tidal desktop today again and it switched back to "High" from "HiFi".

Drop them an email at [email protected]

They are very good with support. They might not know if nobody reports anything.

8 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Yeh I noticed this too since updating a few days ago. I've launched Tidal desktop today again and it switched back to "High" from "HiFi".

Drop them an email at [email protected]

They are very good with support. They might not know if nobody reports anything.

Same here. This is very annoying. I now have to check audio quality after each new launch. Email sent. 

Tidal acknowledges the problem:

"Yes - it seems that the latest update caused everyone's streaming settings to be reset. ... When you reset the app data, it helps to clear out any bugs."

My audio quality setting changed again  today to High (third time) after some server or wifi problem. The Tidal app even notified me this time with the message:  "Change will take effect from the next playback."

So I should reset the Tidal app data. I asked what that would do and how it could help, but I got no answer to that. Did anyone here ever reset the app data (Menu > Help > Troubleshooting > Reset App Data)?

The whole thing about changing the users' quality settings is a trick streaming services have used for a long time. It's pretty bad and shows that even they think their customers can't hear a difference between the quality levels. 

If Tidal needed to reset the app for a real reason, they could always save this setting and reapply it after the update. Not rocket science. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

23 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The whole thing about changing the users' quality settings is a trick streaming services have used for a long time. It's pretty bad and shows that even they think their customers can't hear a difference between the quality levels. 

If Tidal needed to reset the app for a real reason, they could always save this setting and reapply it after the update. Not rocket science. 

Exactly. And I was doing some blind listening tests when I found out. With the low res stream I suddenly couldn't replicate a previous result where I picked some binary condition correctly 15 times in 15 tests.

23 hours ago, Abtr said:

Exactly. And I was doing some blind listening tests when I found out. With the low res stream I suddenly couldn't replicate a previous result where I picked some binary condition correctly 15 times in 15 tests.

Today, checking the streaming settings of the Tidal app, I noticed that my DAC settings were changed from WASAPI exclusive mode to a default system controlled mode. I noticed this before but thought it was my own mistake. Changing streaming quality or changing DAC settings or both might have caused my failure to replicate said listening test results.

Resetting the app data didn't solve the problem. I got a server error twice and each time the DAC settings changed to system controlled mode. This is truly outlandish. Tidal must fix this very quickly or they lose me as a customer.

I must say that I use the new Windows10 USB Audio Class 2.0 drivers with an RME ADI-2 DAC, which only worked at all with Tidal in exclusive WASAPI mode since a couple of weeks. It seems that Tidal's UAC2 implementation for Windows10 is buggy. You may not have this problem with Windows7 using the manufacturer's driver for your DAC..

• 2 months later...

anyone else run into tidal issues within the last few minutes?  suddenly won't work with tidal or via the website.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
9 minutes ago, Daccord said:

Albums I have flagged as favorites aren't playing today, but if I search for the artist and pick the album from the list it does play. Using BubbleUPnP.

ok, thanks!  i tried to search for a random album and it did work.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100