IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

Just adding some info regarding my tests. Tidal works with WiFi here at work but NOT at home :-/

So in my case the combo for not working seems to be: 4G internet modem connected to with WiFi router and Android devices running the Tidal app (Oppo Media Control app and DTS Play-Fi is also not working)

Same setup worked fine a couple of weeks ago...

Only thing I can think of is another one of those TIDAL DNS problems. Make sure all your network devices are using the same DNS (usually best to set the router to it and for the network devices to pick it up from the router) and one that works properly accessing TIDAL's online servers. Google Public DNS is the one usually recommended by TIDAL support whenever there's an outbreak of this issue:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using?hl=en

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

10 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

Only thing I can think of is another one of those TIDAL DNS problems. Make sure all your network devices are using the same DNS (usually best to set the router to it and for the network devices to pick it up from the router) and one that works properly accessing TIDAL's online servers. Google Public DNS is the one usually recommended by TIDAL support whenever there's an outbreak of this issue:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using?hl=en

This is responding more and more like a CDN issue. The paths to the CDN are overloaded coming from a given peering point.  The other option is a load balancing issue between servers / peering locations and the default option is being chosen more times than not and overloading a link.   The fact is they have a massive network hiccup that they have needed to fix for a very long time. I have issues with streaming the service from a Mac desktop on Comcast.  I however have very little if any issue coming from level 3 or XO communications.  So check who your using for your provider. They are probably hitting an overloaded peer spot.  I turned this into Tidal months ago and got a glib we are working on it meh response. They wonder why the service is failing and people are leaving it is due to inability to keep the service at minimum working properly.

2 minutes ago, grovkalle said:

sounds plausible but it doesn't explain why my Chromecast devices using the same WiFi router and internet connection works.

This lines up with a CDN issue each connection gets a new route to the service. If the CDN / Load balancing is picking links that are saturated expect these sort of random issues to occur. 

4 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you haven't read much about Cloudflare's public DNS, I recommend this - https://blog.cloudflare.com/announcing-1111/

I've been using it since April 1 and like it.

just changed my dns to this from 8.8.8.8 -- HUGE difference.  thanks!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
On 24/04/2018 at 12:54 PM, horsey7 said:

also adding some test results:

1. my S8 + work WiFi = not working

2. my S8 + wifi hotspot made by another cell phone using mobile network operator = working

3. my S8 + random free wifi in town = working

4. my laptop + work WiFi = working

My report:

1. Sony Xperia XZ Premium + home WIFI = not streaming

2. Sony Xperia XZ Premium + 4g = working fine

3. Sony Xperia XZ Premium + WIFI at work = working fine

4.Macbook Pro + home WIFI= working fine

5. HP Folio WIN10+home WIFI = working fine

6. HTC U11 + home WIFI = not streaming

P. S. I have changed DNS settings, nothing else changed. Tidal offered no real advice... 

DNS 1.1.1.1 resolved two years' streaming issues

(Fingers crossed!)

I was unable to stream TIDAL HIFI without dropouts and freezes from its inception, through its incorporation of MQA about 15 months ago, until I finally closed the account and replaced it with Deezer HiFi at the same monthly cost early this year. Attempts to fix TIDAL, referred to above on this thread, included swapping routers and dac's, switching from a Dell PC to an iMac, from wifi to hard-wired ethernet at >200 Mbps, to WireWorld Cat 8 cable, to DNS 8.8.8.8: nothing worked and TIDAL customer service was clueless.

Over Easter, iFi Audio provided a free firmware upgrade enabling its legacy dac's to act as MQA renderers. For fun,  I reactivated TIDAL. It lit up the MQA light on an iFi Nano iDSD, but not surprisingly, I couldn't get TIDAL to stream any better than before. Then I read Chris' post about Cloudflare's DNS 1.1.1.1, installed it, and have had flawless TIDAL Masters streaming for three days. 

Short statistical sample, I know, but wow!  'Dunno why this changes everything, but so far, it does. Thanks!

On 4/22/2018 at 7:05 PM, horsey7 said:

hi guys,

I have rather specific problem. Since last week my TIDAL won't play using home wifi network when used on mobile devices or streamer but would play on my desktop using same internet connection (local ISP but connected via LAN to router). Also it works when using my cell phone with mobile ISP. 

working: mobile ISP (like Orange, etc.) on phones (both iOS, Android), desktop PC using local ISP (desktop is connected via Ethernet from my router)

not working: mobile devices using WiFi, streamer (WiFi)

Therefore there is no problem with TIDAL, no problem with my local ISP as it works on my desktop so where the hell might be the problem? Looks like som specific WiFi issue but it has worked for several months since last week and no changes to the network/hardware/configuration or whatsoever have been made. 

I'm really frustrated, please help..

Hi guys,

I am having the same problem since last week.

I'm using  mconnect HD player on a tablet (WiFi) to stream to an AVM player.
After changing the DNS settings to google public DNS  - I can stream again, however streaming stops for a few seconds every 5 seconds or so.

Via the AVM app I can stream without problems - but it doesn't support MQA. 

Got the following answer from Tidal support: " I know our networking team is working with our upstream provider on this issue. 
If it persists after Friday, please let me know".

Meanwhile the problem persists:-(

If anybody have any ideas on what else I can do to solve the problem I would really appreciate it. 

4 hours ago, lucretius said:

Hi all,

I can play from my Tidal app on my Samsung S8; however, if I activate VPN on my router, I can no longer play songs. OTH, if I activate VPN only on my phone, I CAN play from the Tidal app. Is there a fix for this?

Just tried DNS services 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1, forsaking the secure DNS server of my VPN provider, and this works.  However, this means that now Cloudfare can log my activity (though they claim to wipe the logs every 24 hours), although the good news is my ISP provider still cannot track me (while using VPN).

mQa is dead!

Tidal has worked perfectly for me from the start (desktop version). Until a few days ago that is. Now it has dropouts and eventually gives up on the sound altogether in each track. The sq is unaffected between the dropouts. I haven't made any changes that might have caused this with the exception of updating tidal a few days before this started happening. I have tried the suggestions here with no luck. I was pleased to hear about the 1.1.1.1 dns service from cloudflare but it made no difference to tidal. I contacted tidal about the problem a few days ago and i'm awaiting their response. I sincerely hope it can be rectified as up to now i have been delighted with it, but as it stands it is unusable.

Hi, i can't play music from Tidal app on Wins server 2012,need help.

After stalled TIDAL app on wins server 2012R2, it came up with green banner on top which text me as " TIDAL requires visual C++redist...
then i downloaded visual c both of 2015 and 2012 version/both 32 and 64
2015 version didn't work but 2012 version was fine.
then i restarted my pc, after TIDAL app opened still got that grenn banner and still can't play song.
What should i do?
Thanks

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg