IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

5 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

Imagine creating a control point player that does not allow you to select tracks to add to a queue. That's the Tidal experience using mConnect.

As you are playing tracks you can click on the three dots on the right side and make several custom playlist. I arrange them how I want to listen. Then just hit the play button at the top of each list. It acts a little like a queue. The sound is great and it will work until Bridge III.

I tried getting  MQA  to work  using BubbleUPnp with JRiver as dlna renderer through usb to Oppo 205. It worked now and then. Then Oppo 205 became Roon approved but still no final unfold. I looked at the under $500 MQA options but still limited unfolding. All the problems and delays disappeared after I took the PSA plunge. I'm not sure if the other high end options can be had for 33% off, but PSA  can be at HighPerformanceStereo.

10 hours ago, Geoff1954 said:

Cebolla, you wrote, "All you are doing in the first part is confirming exactly what I just said..."

Always glad when I can confirm something said by someone who always knew he was right to begin with. Have a nice day.

Hope the sarcasm isn't due to you still misunderstanding what was said and is only just a reaction to being corrected.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

5 hours ago, oneartist said:

As you are playing tracks you can click on the three dots on the right side and make several custom playlist. I arrange them how I want to listen. Then just hit the play button at the top of each list. It acts a little like a queue. The sound is great and it will work until Bridge III.

Good to know - not so bad after all!

5 hours ago, oneartist said:

I tried getting  MQA  to work  using BubbleUPnp with JRiver as dlna renderer through usb to Oppo 205. It worked now and then.

Yes, unfortunately last I heard, both the BubbleUPnP Server and the BubbleUPnP Android app (you didn't say which) don't currently have official permission to provide access to the MQA Masters FLAC tracks from their TIDAL HiFi connections, only the lossless CD resolution FLAC tracks. Any temporary 'hint' of MQA Masters being supplied by TIDAL's online servers via their connections would most likely have been due to an error in the TIDAL API being used by the BubbleUPnP software at that time.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

7 hours ago, oneartist said:

Yes, I fiddled enough with mConnect to have seen that option.

That is not a replacement for adding to an existing queue, a standard feature on every control point player I've tried. This is a basic requirement IMO.

BTW, every player I've tried has that custom playlist option as well.

On a positive note, I will say that mConnect has never crashed or hung up and that the radio feature is very nice. 

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi , I have just joined this forum as I am having Tidal issues too. I see  I am not alone

I dont use the MQA tracks as I am using the Linn Kazoo app to send to my Melco N1A

My issue is the occasional stutter , but more annoying is that about a second or two seconds at the end of the track just skips. Just goes to the next track

I have been advised to have a go at changing my MTU settings and I may try this, but I am a novice with all this so its daunting.

After having a good read of this thread though I am not hopeful

The annoying thing for me is Tidal was stable for me until i switched to BT from Sky. I now have a much faster service, but my music listening is a big thing in my life and TIdal is not  a good experience at all now

7 hours ago, oneartist said:

Tidal is flawless through my PSA Bridge II. I use Cat 6a cable from a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router.

‘Hi, did you used to have issues with Tidal ? 

I am keen to hear from people whi have had similar issues to me, but who have sorted them.

Thanks for your input though 

Yes. I tried all the cheap routes to get Tidal to work - BubbleUpnp with JRiver dlna from laptop to oppo 205 via usb. This would work sometimes but with stops and pauses and limited unfolding. I looked at sub $500 hardware for MQA folding but these had limitations and sub par DAC's. I finally took the plunge and got PSA DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II. Bridge II has MConnect Control built into the firmware. PSA is developing Bridge III which will have their own proprietary MQA processing as well as a music server. MConnect Control is stable with no glitches but it is not pretty and few enjoy using it. PSA will not allow any MQA processing to be done inside the pristine DirectStream DAC.  Bridge is an insert card that slides into the DirectStream box and contains MQA processing. 

The PSA Bridge is just a network audio file player aka streamer aka renderer card, pure a simple - why mystify things by calling it a 'bridge', just because it's a user insertible add-on board for their DACs?

Plenty of DAC streamers already out there that have separate boards for their network streaming/audio file playing section, albeit not plugin boards!

-- Jo Cox

For me this is rather annoying as I have no idea how to solve the issue.

My Melco is connected by USB to my Devialet amp. The Melco is connected by ethernet cable to my router.

I use an IPad and the Linn Kazoo app to control my music and Tidal streaming.

It has to be a wireless isuue I would imagine. The issue only started happening around December as prior to this it was working fine.

Around the sane time I changed my broadband provider and also had an update to the Melco firmware, so I am trying to find out if one of these are causing the issues.

I have an IBasso Dap off the same network that streams flawlessly..........I keep searching for an answer ;-)

I am having horrible issues with streaming Tidal. I have reached out to them and asked them to investigate. 

I got the questionnaire asking about my setup.  I know none of my networks are at fault. I am pushing packets at speeds that would move whole albums in the span it would take to stream. My jitter is very low. 

I am suspecting they have a link over subscription from them to some of the cable peers like charter and Comcast. 

They seem to know this as well.  I am in hopes they can scratch up the cash to buy some larger pipes to push out that sweet sweet lossless audio to us all

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I just found out that it's possible to stream master Tidal music files up to 24bit/48khz +1400kbps through Foobar with the Mconnect app. The Mconnect app recognizes the master recordings. None mqa files are played in cd quality. Compared to the Tidall desktop app it is still lower but it is a start when using Foobar.

Maybe you already new but it's new to me. This is already better than standard CD Quality.

Greetings,

Mark

Hey Folks,

Newbie here.  Perhaps my question/problem has been covered.  If so, please direct me.

Tidal web player in Chrome(for casting to Chromecast Audio) gives error message:  Could not connect to music server.  Check your internet connection.

There is no problem with the internet connection.  I can cast with no problems using a Chromebook in my house, but my Acer laptop won't work.  I have tried resetting Chrome the laptop itself several times, but to no avail.

Help please,

Dave

• 1 month later...

hi guys,

I have rather specific problem. Since last week my TIDAL won't play using home wifi network when used on mobile devices or streamer but would play on my desktop using same internet connection (local ISP but connected via LAN to router). Also it works when using my cell phone with mobile ISP. 

working: mobile ISP (like Orange, etc.) on phones (both iOS, Android), desktop PC using local ISP (desktop is connected via Ethernet from my router)

not working: mobile devices using WiFi, streamer (WiFi)

Therefore there is no problem with TIDAL, no problem with my local ISP as it works on my desktop so where the hell might be the problem? Looks like som specific WiFi issue but it has worked for several months since last week and no changes to the network/hardware/configuration or whatsoever have been made. 

I'm really frustrated, please help..

Hi horsey7,

I recently run into the same problem as you. When connected to my WiFi neither my Galaxy S7, my Galaxy Tab S, my Oppo 103 works with Tidal. They simply refuse to stream the songs. Funny thing is that both my Chromecast and my Chromecast Audio devices can stream just fine connected to the same WiFi network.

At first I suspected my Asus router and started switching firmware left and right but when nothing help I tested using a totally different router, a TP-Link travel router and the problem was the same.

After talking to customer support for Tidal, Samsung and my 4G provider (Tele2.se) I am starting to lean on this being software related.

maybe some android update or a Tidal update has fucked things up and/or a Tidal upgrade is needed to solve this.

Really glad to hear I am not the only one out there with this problem because it is driving me mad.

I too have been getting hang ups that have started recently.

In my case, it's between Audirvana+ Remote and Tidal. When I click and hold on the pause you get a "stop" function on Audirvana+ Remote. If you chose to stop playback the system locks up.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

5 hours ago, grovkalle said:

Hi horsey7,

I recently run into the same problem as you. When connected to my WiFi neither my Galaxy S7, my Galaxy Tab S, my Oppo 103 works with Tidal. They simply refuse to stream the songs. Funny thing is that both my Chromecast and my Chromecast Audio devices can stream just fine connected to the same WiFi network.

At first I suspected my Asus router and started switching firmware left and right but when nothing help I tested using a totally different router, a TP-Link travel router and the problem was the same.

After talking to customer support for Tidal, Samsung and my 4G provider (Tele2.se) I am starting to lean on this being software related.

maybe some android update or a Tidal update has fucked things up and/or a Tidal upgrade is needed to solve this.

Really glad to hear I am not the only one out there with this problem because it is driving me mad.

hi grovkalle,

thanks for the reply. Today I was trying to test everything network related (checking/testing ports on all devices, different router setups) with the help of my friends, unfortunately without success. It's definitely android/iOS SW related issue as it worked on my notebook using WIFI (running on Windows). I also downloaded several older TIDAL versions (2.4.0, 2.3.0) but none of them worked.

As absurd as it looks I am canceling my TIDAL subscription until resolved as I won't pay TIDAL for not using the service as intended.

Bye bye hifi.. 

At present, Tidal on MacBook Pro works fine.  It takes about 10 seconds to load the first song.  Test clients include

1. Tidal on Google Chrome
  2. Tidal on Audirvana Plus 3.x
  3. Tidal Desktop for Mac OS

But, Tidal clients on mobile devices still do not successful connect to the server including iPhone and iPad with IOS 11 and the latest Tidal Application.

5 minutes ago, grovkalle said:

Both me and horsey7 have tested to install older versions of the Tidal app and that didn't work either, so it is not just the new version of the Tidal app that is the problem... at least it seems that way.

today I tested my S8 on different WiFi network (not worked) and my notebook (Windows 10) on the same WiFi network and it worked so it's definitely not my home setup problem, it's SW related