IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

Question: what is the difference between the two Android apps called BubbleUPnP and BubbleDS Next? I have been using your "normal" BubbleUPnP for some time (with my Signature Rendu), but then when Jplaystreamer finally brought in Bubble support they touted DS Next. I have them both on my Android tablet but it seems quite redundant (with DS Next having a radio screen). I assumed DS was simply a custom configured app for the Linn DS but voila JPLaystreamer shows it as available so I downloaded it.

BubbleUPnP: generic control point for audio/video/images. Handle all OpenHome renderers except those from Linn

BubbleDS Next: control point dedicated to OpenHome renderers only, handle all OpenHome renderers including Linn's. Mostly targetted to Linn DS users. It is focused on music only thus does not have all the complexity of BubbleUPnP. It also have some OH features (mostly found on Linn DS) not found in BubbleUPnP: source selection, radio, Songcast receiver selection...

Tidal on Aries not working this AM, tried usual things, it's OK on iPhone. Southern California. Anyone else or just me? Thanks.

"The main problem with communication is the illusion that it has been achieved"

Auralic Aries & Vega / Pass Labs XP-30 / DSPeaker 2.0 / Pass Labs XA160.5 / mbl 101E mk2

Tidal on Aries not working this AM, tried usual things, it's OK on iPhone. Southern California. Anyone else or just me? Thanks.

I had same problem last night. TIDAL shows up as normal on Lightning DS but tracks won't play. Apparently this was a problem at TIDAL end that Auralic and Aries are working to resolve. Also there is a notice to this effect on the Auralic Facebook page.

TIDAL has always worked flawlessly for me on the Aries, so I was very surprised when I had problems last night. I thought it was a problem with my system and contacted Auralic. They replied within a few hours and indicated that the problem was at the TIDAL end and then followed up saying that they and TIDAL were working to resolve the issue.

TIDAL has always worked flawlessly for me on the Aries, so I was very surprised when I had problems last night. I thought it was a problem with my system and contacted Auralic. They replied within a few hours and indicated that the problem was at the TIDAL end and then followed up saying that they and TIDAL were working to resolve the issue.

I know me too. I thought "this is too good to be true" when I used it and could never understand why people were having problems. It was sort of a panic and tried every possible solution to make it work; spend the better part of my day off, so this is a relief. Having it gone makes me realize how much I use and appreciate the service.

Hi,

I'm the BubbleUPnP Server developer.

A few precisions concerning TIDAL integration that I recently added in BubbleUPnP Server v0.9-update7.

It indeed adds TIDAL support to any standard UPnP AV renderer, using Linn Kazoo or BubbleUPnP/BubbleDS Next on Android as the control point to browse and play TIDAL music.

To play TIDAL to your renderer:

• install BubbleUPnP Server on any machine on your network (PC or NAS)
  • go to its web configuration and in the Renderers tab select the renderer you want to use for TIDAL and make it an OpenHome renderer clicking the relevating check box
  • Using Linn Kazoo for control: start Kazoo, select the new renderer then click the TIDAL tile. It will let you enter your login credentials. Once done you can browse and play TIDAL like you would on a real Linn DS, and play it to your renderer.
    Kazoo beta supports TIDAL favorites. The beta is generally stable and safe to use. To switch to Kazoo beta, go into its settings and select "Yes" for "Participate in Beta programme"
  • Using Android BubbleUPnP for control: start Android BubbleUPnP, in the top side menu make your OpenHome renderer active and select the local media server. Go into the Library tab and select the TIDAL folder. It will ask for credentials only if necessary (not already logged it). Then browse TIDAL and play. You can exit Android BubbleUPnP and TIDAL will continue to play
  • In the future, if other Control Points add support for browsing TIDAL following the OpenHome spec, they will also work

IMPORTANT: If you run BubbleUPnP Server v0.9-update7 you must update to v0.9-update8 that I published today that fixes TIDAL streaming not working since about a day or two, due to TIDAL changing its streaming infrastructure to Amazon (which I suppose will improve reliability).

To update BubbleUPnP Server: in the web configuration, go to the "Settings > Update" tab, click "check for update", then (if there's an update) "apply update".

Welcome!

It is because of your software that I am enjoying anything UPnP related.

Your program rocks!!

On the Aries thread the owner of Auralic mentioned Tidal was having a few issues which is likely impacting us here.

Yes, as BubbleGuuuum said, they (Tidal) moved to Amazon services. His Bubble Server update 8 today addressed it.

Tidal playing fine for me...thanks Bubbleguuuum.

I am glad i have just found this here about Tidal & Aries having problems, i have spent the last 2 days pulling my hair out (what little i had) trying all the usual to sort things out.

So far i've had no rely from either parties.

Any body been told of time before a fix is available as my next payment is due in 3 days and i would rather not waste money.

Still haven't gotten Tidal to work via UPnP. No Tile on my Mac version of Kazoo and the iPad version of Kazoo reports, "Tidal is not available. Your DS needs to be running Davaar 23 or later."

I gotta assume you didn't do Bubble update 8? My Tidal on Kazoo iPad works fine, as does Tidal on Kazoo Windows app. Both via Rendu.

Hi,

I've been having some playback issues with Tidal on my Macbook Pro (mid 2014).

When I browse to an album and press the Play-button, Tidal just loops over all songs without starting to play any of them. It's like the songs are not available or cannot be found.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Tidal already, but still the same.

Anybody an idea what's going wrong?

I made a screencapture video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5DDA2G7eXaiUHpMT2M4cTJtTFU/view?usp=sharing

regards

Hi all

Anybody using TIDAL in Switzerland yet? I am in my trial period and HIFI mode works only on my mobile phone but not on my office PC nor my private daily work PC. Using Windows 7 on the office pc and Windows 8.1 in my home office. High and normal modes worked fine so far, since yesterday nothing works anymore (seems they are moving servers to a cloud platform).

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi,

I'm the BubbleUPnP Server developer.

A few precisions concerning TIDAL integration that I recently added in BubbleUPnP Server v0.9-update7.

It indeed adds TIDAL support to any standard UPnP AV renderer, using Linn Kazoo or BubbleUPnP/BubbleDS Next on Android as the control point to browse and play TIDAL music.

To play TIDAL to your renderer:

• install BubbleUPnP Server on any machine on your network (PC or NAS)
  • go to its web configuration and in the Renderers tab select the renderer you want to use for TIDAL and make it an OpenHome renderer clicking the relevating check box
  • Using Linn Kazoo for control: start Kazoo, select the new renderer then click the TIDAL tile. It will let you enter your login credentials. Once done you can browse and play TIDAL like you would on a real Linn DS, and play it to your renderer.
    Kazoo beta supports TIDAL favorites. The beta is generally stable and safe to use. To switch to Kazoo beta, go into its settings and select "Yes" for "Participate in Beta programme"
  • Using Android BubbleUPnP for control: start Android BubbleUPnP, in the top side menu make your OpenHome renderer active and select the local media server. Go into the Library tab and select the TIDAL folder. It will ask for credentials only if necessary (not already logged it). Then browse TIDAL and play. You can exit Android BubbleUPnP and TIDAL will continue to play
  • In the future, if other Control Points add support for browsing TIDAL following the OpenHome spec, they will also work

IMPORTANT: If you run BubbleUPnP Server v0.9-update7 you must update to v0.9-update8 that I published today that fixes TIDAL streaming not working since about a day or two, due to TIDAL changing its streaming infrastructure to Amazon (which I suppose will improve reliability).

To update BubbleUPnP Server: in the web configuration, go to the "Settings > Update" tab, click "check for update", then (if there's an update) "apply update".

Welcome!

It is because of your software that I am enjoying anything UPnP related.

Your program rocks!!

+1

Most welcome indeed. Fantastic that the developer of the foo_upnp Foobar2000 plugin component, the BubbleUPnP Server and the AirBubble, BubbleUPnP & BubbleDS Next Android (Bubblesoft) apps is posting here!

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

I gotta assume you didn't do Bubble update 8? My Tidal on Kazoo iPad works fine, as does Tidal on Kazoo Windows app. Both via Rendu.

I have only had Bubble update 8. And I have the newest minimserver. The Tidal tile was there on Mac Kazoo before but vanished yesterday and the iPad app has never worked. I have a Synology 213+, might that be the problem?

I have only had Bubble update 8. And I have the newest minimserver. The Tidal tile was there on Mac Kazoo before but vanished yesterday and the iPad app has never worked. I have a Synology 213+, might that be the problem?

Normally it should work and entering the TIDAL tile in Kazoo should ask for credentials. Are you running BubbleUPnP Server on your Synology ? If that's the case, can you send me the log file (located in /root/bubbleupnp/appData/BubbleUPnPServer.log.0) to [email protected] ?

Normally it should work and entering the TIDAL tile in Kazoo should ask for credentials. Are you running BubbleUPnP Server on your Synology ? If that's the case, can you send me the log file (located in /root/bubbleupnp/appData/BubbleUPnPServer.log.0) to [email protected] ?

Yep. I'm running BubbleUPnP. Sending log file, thanks!

Tidal has not been working for me today.

Here is what they say about it:

On Thursday March 19th we will be performing a scheduled maintenance. During this timeframe signup for new accounts will be closed and certain functionality might become unavailable/unresponsive. Our apologies for any inconvenience, we appreciate your patience.

Some features that are temporarily unavailable

• Password Reset
  • Desktop Application "Track Invalid"
  • Creating or Editing Playlists
  • Adding Favorites

** We will be updating this list as features become available again.

I have not been able to log in today - "Server Down" message.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

^

This is probably not a good time to try to debug anything. I've been a Tidal customer since they entered the USA market and this is the worst behavior I have seen. Entire playlist zoom by...server down messages...

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

Anyone else having trouble logging in through the desktop application?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17552[/ATTACH]

Yup, it's not working on the desktop app for me as well. iPhone app works fine...

Time Capsule, Various Music formats-->MacBook Pro Retina-->Audirvana 2.0, Tidal and Kodi for play through HQPlayer, USB-->iFi Micro IDSD-->RedWine Audio Isabellina Pro DAC/Balanced HPA using only Amp or TBI Millenia with resistor network-->Audeze LCD-2 Headphones

Yup, it's not working on the desktop app for me as well. iPhone app works fine...

I have been unable to log in today using the desktop app, windows 7, or under Ickstream on LMS. My subscription expires tomorrow and it is only valuable at present if LMS can be run. Does anyone know if these problems are temporary?

Thanks.

Alan