IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

Your comments very much mirror my own thoughts, and yet the problems that are being so widely reported seem to go unheeded at Tidal. They still send me email bulletins and the like, always talking about playlists and artists and never, ever talking about improvements to the service, which are clearly so badly needed. It's really odd.

Yeah I agree. They have had plenty of time to fix the issues but they are still there after many months .

I guess they figured with all these streaming problems they better sell the company , which they did .

Maybe Jay-z's people can get all the streaming problems fixed .

A music service is worthless if it can't stream properly .

Yeah I agree. They have had plenty of time to fix the issues but they are still there after many months .

I guess they figured with all these streaming problems they better sell the company , which they did .

Maybe Jay-z's people can get all the streaming problems fixed .

A music service is worthless if it can't stream properly .

Its interesting that you feel Tidal are not communicating with its user base, on the other hand Qobuz seem to be very open with its users, this being the latest.

[h=1]An important message to our users[/h]We are currently in the process of making important changes to our infrastructure, which are being rolled out over the course of several months – in theory, to minimise any disruptions to the service. We are resizing the entirety of the technical system which takes care of our content distribution.

This is in order to guarantee a flawless service for our users and eventually to open up Qobuz in even more countries; to accommodate a huge expansion of our content and the new services and features which we are on the cusp of announcing; and to also, happily, support a sizeable increase in our number of users.

All of our servers are migrating to the cloud, which will mean a rupture in our technical organisation but which will eventually result in a considerable increase in quality for our users as well as for our team and the administrative side of our service.

This transition is already underway, coinciding with an unforeseen (but welcome) increase in the number of both our clients and our users, both in terms of subscribers and downloaders.

To give an idea of this growth, over the past six months our sales revenue has seen an increase of between 95 and 115% compared with the same time the previous year, with a huge leap in the use of our mobile apps following their redesign.

The coinciding of our maintenance works and a period of rapid growth has, at times, caused a few issues for our users.

We are only too aware of the inconvenience that this has been causing our users and for the past three weeks we have been putting in place a plan of action to allow us to complete the changes.

The fact that our service allows streaming and download at different levels of sound quality results in increased complication during periods when surges of large downloads can interrupt other services.

An example of this happening occurred on Monday 2nd March during the final hours of one of our commercial opperations relating to downloads, which made our serves explode, meaning that downloads took much longer than normal and that there was an adverse effect on streaming.

Once again we apologise profusely to all of our users and assure you that we are fully aware of the issue and the inconvenience this causes you. It is just a few growing pains. Although we cannot say that the problem has been solved indefinitely, the consistent availability of our service is our number one priority.

We will keep you informed of our progress and will also offer a compensation for these performance issues, but for the meantime we are concentrating on returning to a fully-operating service.

We thank you 1000 times over for your trust and confidence in Qobuz. Our service is evolving and our clientele is growing, making it a time which is both exciting and critical. We apologise once again.

The Qobuz Team

[email protected]

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

Its interesting that you feel Tidal are not communicating with its user base, on the other hand Qobuz seem to be very open with its users, this being the latest.

[h=1]An important message to our users[/h]We are currently in the process of making important changes to our infrastructure, which are being rolled out over the course of several months – in theory, to minimise any disruptions to the service. We are resizing the entirety of the technical system which takes care of our content distribution.

This is in order to guarantee a flawless service for our users and eventually to open up Qobuz in even more countries; to accommodate a huge expansion of our content and the new services and features which we are on the cusp of announcing; and to also, happily, support a sizeable increase in our number of users.

All of our servers are migrating to the cloud, which will mean a rupture in our technical organisation but which will eventually result in a considerable increase in quality for our users as well as for our team and the administrative side of our service.

This transition is already underway, coinciding with an unforeseen (but welcome) increase in the number of both our clients and our users, both in terms of subscribers and downloaders.

To give an idea of this growth, over the past six months our sales revenue has seen an increase of between 95 and 115% compared with the same time the previous year, with a huge leap in the use of our mobile apps following their redesign.

The coinciding of our maintenance works and a period of rapid growth has, at times, caused a few issues for our users.

We are only too aware of the inconvenience that this has been causing our users and for the past three weeks we have been putting in place a plan of action to allow us to complete the changes.

The fact that our service allows streaming and download at different levels of sound quality results in increased complication during periods when surges of large downloads can interrupt other services.

An example of this happening occurred on Monday 2nd March during the final hours of one of our commercial opperations relating to downloads, which made our serves explode, meaning that downloads took much longer than normal and that there was an adverse effect on streaming.

Once again we apologise profusely to all of our users and assure you that we are fully aware of the issue and the inconvenience this causes you. It is just a few growing pains. Although we cannot say that the problem has been solved indefinitely, the consistent availability of our service is our number one priority.

We will keep you informed of our progress and will also offer a compensation for these performance issues, but for the meantime we are concentrating on returning to a fully-operating service.

We thank you 1000 times over for your trust and confidence in Qobuz. Our service is evolving and our clientele is growing, making it a time which is both exciting and critical. We apologise once again.

The Qobuz Team

[email protected]

Well when Qobuz becomes available in the United States I will give it a listen .

I tried TIDAL on my HP laptop and my Ipad and it was pretty awful, was about to give up on it but when I tried it on my android phone for fun...OMG It sounds awesome!

Or there is something on the PCs that is interfering with TIDAL.

Good news, but....

There is a new version of the Bubble UPnP server out which supposedly allows the Kazoo controller to access Tidal through an Open Home renderer emulation setup. I have Bubble running on the NAS, and have a Tidal account. However, when I try to log into Tidal through the Kazoo controller it does not log on, and acts as if the user name and password is incorrect. No issues through the Tidal app on the iPad.

Has anyone been able to get Kazoo to play back Tidal using the Bubble UPnP Server OHMedia emulation? I.e. not using an actual Linn box, but another UPnP renderer in OHMedia emulation.

BubbleUPnP Server

Good news, but....

There is a new version of the Bubble UPnP server out which supposedly allows the Kazoo controller to access Tidal through an Open Home renderer emulation setup. I have Bubble running on the NAS, and have a Tidal account. However, when I try to log into Tidal through the Kazoo controller it does not log on, and acts as if the user name and password is incorrect. No issues through the Tidal app on the iPad.

Has anyone been able to get Kazoo to play back Tidal using the Bubble UPnP Server OHMedia emulation? I.e. not using an actual Linn box, but another UPnP renderer in OHMedia emulation.

BubbleUPnP Server

Yes, earlier in this thread I told about how I use the Signature Rendu with BubbleUPnP (android tablet app) to log in and stream Tidal. it works (not the greatest browsing but it works). It's best to set up favorites on a more robust GUI like the Chrome (or any) Web-based one. It is part of BubbleUPnP's local media server-> Cloud menu.

Here's my January 30th post:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/official-tidal-hifi-streaming-issues-thread-22260/index8.html#post391882

Yes, earlier in this thread I told about how I use the Signature Rendu with BubbleUPnP (android tablet app) to log in and stream Tidal. it works (not the greatest browsing but it works). It's best to set up favorites on a more robust GUI like the Chrome (or any) Web-based one. It is part of BubbleUPnP's local media server-> Cloud menu.

Here's my January 30th post:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/official-tidal-hifi-streaming-issues-thread-22260/index8.html#post391882

Thanks ted_b,

The new version came out today, and my Bubble UPnP server is finally back up and running again. Yeah!

Sounds like I have to do more setups within Bubble, although I wonder if the setups you mention are on the android controller as opposed to the server

Curious if you tried logging in to Tidal through Kazoo with today's version of Bubble.

Cheers

Okay, that is too bad. Bubble's version log almost made it sound like Kazoo was another option. Thanks.

My bad!!

Nice new update to Bubble Server brings Tidal to Kazoo.

Yes! I was looking at Bubble's android app log too and then saw that it included a link to a new server update (update 7). So I went to Synology, then to the Bubble Synology home page settings, found the update and applied it to the Synology. Restarted Minimserver, fired up the Kazoo iPad app, picked the Signature Rendu (OpenHome version created by Bubble server) went to the Tidal button and sure enough...it now asks for a Tidal email and password. :)

While a very nice GUI for Tidal in general, it doesn't seem to capture or even bring in one's own favorites, nor does it offer stars to add to favorites...it just allow one to browse and play (and add Tidal tracks to an existing playlist, meaning mixed mode local NAS library and Tidal streamed selections). I find not having my stuff to be a weird oversight. Maybe bugs are being worked out....its clealry futher along than before (which simply said you needed to own a DS to access Tidal).

My bad!!

Nice new update to Bubble Server brings Tidal to Kazoo.

Yes! I was looking at Bubble's android app log too and then saw that it included a link to a new server update (update 7). So I went to Synology, then to the Bubble Synology home page settings, found the update and applied it to the Synology. Restarted Minimserver, fired up the Kazoo iPad app, picked the Signature Rendu (OpenHome version created by Bubble server) went to the Tidal button and sure enough...it now asks for a Tidal email and password. :)

While a very nice GUI for Tidal in general, it doesn't seem to capture or even bring in one's own favorites, nor does it offer stars to add to favorites...it just allow one to browse and play (and add Tidal tracks to an existing playlist, meaning mixed mode local NAS library and Tidal streamed selections). I find not having my stuff to be a weird oversight. Maybe bugs are being worked out....its clealry futher along than before (which simply said you needed to own a DS to access Tidal).

So you were able to log into Tidal on the Kazoo app without having a DS?

I even tried logging on to Kazoo on a pc without luck.

Cheers

Yes, but it required Bubble Server running on my Synology NAS (as before, but now with update 7).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17384[/ATTACH]

Sweet! Finally got it working too. In the end all that was required was turning off the Bubble UPnP Server on the NAS completely and restarting it. Also updated DSM to the latest but doubt whetehr that was a source of the problem.

Crazy really how many twists and turns we have to do to get rid of our vinyl and CDs. :)

Best sounding 'internet radio' I have heard...

Interesting note today - MQA was streamed over TIDAL. :)

[TABLE=class: container, width: 580]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=class: row, width: 580]

[TR]

[TD=class: wrapper last][TABLE=class: twelve columns, width: 580]

[TR]

[TD]b242f1b4-6645-491f-b2a2-1414cef14950.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: row bg-light-gray, width: 580]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: center headline, align: center] [h=2]ANOTHER HUGE MILESTONE FOR MQA[/h][/TD]

[TD=class: expander][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: center, align: center]d8ff2aea-72c7-4dd8-b792-c8e0a402b912.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: center copy, align: center]Thursday 5th March 2015 marked another landmark in MQA’s short history.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: center, align: center]For the first time ever, MQA was streamed to an MQA-enabled Meridian sound system via TIDAL, the high-fidelity music streaming service. It all took place at TIDAL’s HQ in Oslo.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: center copy_last, align: center]Now we’re one step closer to bringing you supreme music quality. Soon, incredible sound will be available at your fingertips.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: row bg-off-white, width: 580]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: center headline__review-panel, align: center] [h=2]MQA: THE REACTION[/h][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: center, align: center]d8ff2aea-72c7-4dd8-b792-c8e0a402b912.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: center copy copy-italic, align: center]"The strive for perfection is all about constant learning. Meridian, 2L and TIDAL are all rooted in the strive for perfection and meeting up for this event was an explosive learning session. With an end-to-end perspective of recording music and bringing it as pure as we can to the listener, it was extremely productive towards bringing high quality and high resolution music to people. Sitting in the room, listening to these two champs of audio sharing knowledge was the best days at work I’ve ever had."

- Pål Bråtelund, TIDAL

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: wrapper last video-container][TABLE=class: twelve columns, width: 580]

[TR]

[TD=class: center, align: center]c7660440-6c56-436f-95d4-a8472375ac83.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: row bg-off-white button-panel, width: 580]

[TR]

[TD=class: wrapper][TABLE=class: two columns condense-on-mobile, width: 80]

[TR]

[TD=class: button-container][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD=class: wrapper last][TABLE=class: eight columns, width: 380]

[TR]

[TD=class: button-container] [TABLE=class: button, width: 380]

[TR]

[TD=class: mqa-button, bgcolor: #BB944B !important, align: center]Learn about MQA[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD=class: wrapper last][TABLE=class: two columns condense-on-mobile, width: 80]

[TR]

[TD=class: button-container][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: row bg-off-white button-panel, width: 580]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]You can also discover more about MQA by contacting Meridian directly on:

[email protected]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: row bg-dark-gray, width: 580]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center] 58eebea9-e466-4703-9839-be60c12bd792.jpg [/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: row bg-black, width: 580]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]12a31cf2-720d-4094-9837-ac2bf58744f7.jpg c63cb3bd-c402-439a-99d7-cc6d263b3116.jpg d4893500-d4ae-428f-a17d-701fe3142537.jpg 97d1d69c-5a50-439b-8070-e247fd66d502.jpg 7c93cb34-747b-4fcc-97e4-3d3f8adcac19.jpg

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: row bg-dark-gray, width: 580]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center] © 2015 Meridian. All Rights Reserved.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=class: row bg-black, width: 580]

[TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: center unsubscribe-copy, align: center] You're receiving this email because you previously asked to receive updates from us. However, if you'd rather not, you can unsubscribe here.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Yes, but it required Bubble Server running on my Synology NAS (as before, but now with update 7).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17384[/ATTACH]

Ted,

If I install Bubble UPnP Server on a Raspberry PI 2, can you share any pointers, how do I enable Tidal streaming. My controller would Bubble UPnP on a Samsung Note.

Regards,

Ahmed

Reference -> WIIM Pro Plus powered by Larry's HDPlex-> CA DacMagic Plus -> AudioResearch DS225 Audioquest XLR -> Sonus Faber Olympica 2 Kimber Speaker Wire

Family Room -> ALOO DIGIONE -> SPDF-> Onkyo TX-NR609 -> 7.1 In Wall Polk Audio SVS Sub (Home Theatre)

Living Room-> BlueSound NODE Gen3-> Carver THX Amp -> NHT Zero + SVS SB-1000 (LivingRoom)

Ted,

If I install Bubble UPnP Server on a Raspberry PI 2, can you share any pointers, how do I enable Tidal streaming. My controller would Bubble UPnP on a Samsung Note.

Regards,

Ahmed

Hmmm...dunno. Bubble is not a media server, so you still need Minimserver or something too. And not sure you need to create an OH renderer but if you do then go to Bubble Server home page and copy it (under renderer tab). Then:

1. You need Bubble UPNP on an Android device.

2. You need a Tidal Account.

3. Go to Settings/Local Media Server/Tidal and enter your Tidal account info. Also, verify Audio Quality = FLAC

4. Go to Settings/Local Media Server and check off Use Proxy at the bottom.

5. Exit Settings

6. Under Renderer select yours (especially if you created an OH one)

7. Under Library select the Cloud. Then select Tidal.

Hmmm...dunno. Bubble is not a media server, so you still need Minimserver or something too. And not sure you need to create an OH renderer but if you do then go to Bubble Server home page and copy it (under renderer tab). Then:

1. You need Bubble UPNP on an Android device.

2. You need a Tidal Account.

3. Go to Settings/Local Media Server/Tidal and enter your Tidal account info. Also, verify Audio Quality = FLAC

4. Go to Settings/Local Media Server and check off Use Proxy at the bottom.

5. Exit Settings

6. Under Renderer select yours (especially if you created an OH one)

7. Under Library select the Cloud. Then select Tidal.

Thank you, Ted. I did not look at Minimserver but was going to look at XBMC with the Tidal Add on. So it looks like, I have some work to do.

Reference -> WIIM Pro Plus powered by Larry's HDPlex-> CA DacMagic Plus -> AudioResearch DS225 Audioquest XLR -> Sonus Faber Olympica 2 Kimber Speaker Wire

Family Room -> ALOO DIGIONE -> SPDF-> Onkyo TX-NR609 -> 7.1 In Wall Polk Audio SVS Sub (Home Theatre)

Living Room-> BlueSound NODE Gen3-> Carver THX Amp -> NHT Zero + SVS SB-1000 (LivingRoom)

Hi,

I'm the BubbleUPnP Server developer.

A few precisions concerning TIDAL integration that I recently added in BubbleUPnP Server v0.9-update7.

It indeed adds TIDAL support to any standard UPnP AV renderer, using Linn Kazoo or BubbleUPnP/BubbleDS Next on Android as the control point to browse and play TIDAL music.

To play TIDAL to your renderer:

• install BubbleUPnP Server on any machine on your network (PC or NAS)
  • go to its web configuration and in the Renderers tab select the renderer you want to use for TIDAL and make it an OpenHome renderer clicking the relevating check box
  • Using Linn Kazoo for control: start Kazoo, select the new renderer then click the TIDAL tile. It will let you enter your login credentials. Once done you can browse and play TIDAL like you would on a real Linn DS, and play it to your renderer.
    Kazoo beta supports TIDAL favorites. The beta is generally stable and safe to use. To switch to Kazoo beta, go into its settings and select "Yes" for "Participate in Beta programme"
  • Using Android BubbleUPnP for control: start Android BubbleUPnP, in the top side menu make your OpenHome renderer active and select the local media server. Go into the Library tab and select the TIDAL folder. It will ask for credentials only if necessary (not already logged it). Then browse TIDAL and play. You can exit Android BubbleUPnP and TIDAL will continue to play
  • In the future, if other Control Points add support for browsing TIDAL following the OpenHome spec, they will also work

IMPORTANT: If you run BubbleUPnP Server v0.9-update7 you must update to v0.9-update8 that I published today that fixes TIDAL streaming not working since about a day or two, due to TIDAL changing its streaming infrastructure to Amazon (which I suppose will improve reliability).

To update BubbleUPnP Server: in the web configuration, go to the "Settings > Update" tab, click "check for update", then (if there's an update) "apply update".

Hi,

• go to its web configuration and in the Renderers tab select the renderer you want to use for TIDAL and make it an OpenHome renderer clicking the relevating check box

IMPORTANT: If you run BubbleUPnP Server v0.9-update7 you must update to v0.9-update8 that I published today that fixes TIDAL streaming not working since about a day or two, due to TIDAL changing its streaming infrastructure to Amazon (which I suppose will improve reliability).

To update BubbleUPnP Server: in the web configuration, go to the "Settings > Update" tab, click "check for update", then (if there's an update) "apply update".

Thank you bubbleguuum. My biggest challenge is what all of you mentioned in different ways which is to have atleast another media player available with with BubbleUpnp server. So I am planning to install the BubbleUPnp and Kodi on Raspberry PI. Then I am hoping to uilize your detailed instruction. I am planning to utilize BubbleUPnp for Android for my controller. I had used Stephen Phillip's blog to create my instructions and he also has a link to Chris Mobberley's blog for the daemon service.

I will let you know how it goes. Also your instruction on getting the latest fix would be immensely helpful as the whole goal of my mini project is to enable Tidal Streaming for two zones in my house where I use two integrated amp.

Bubbleguuum,

Welcome to CA. Thanks for the copmments and especially on the update 8 heads up. Just updated my Synology Bubble server, thanks.

Question: what is the difference between the two Android apps called BubbleUPnP and BubbleDS Next? I have been using your "normal" BubbleUPnP for some time (with my Signature Rendu), but then when Jplaystreamer finally brought in Bubble support they touted DS Next. I have them both on my Android tablet but it seems quite redundant (with DS Next having a radio screen). I assumed DS was simply a custom configured app for the Linn DS but voila JPLaystreamer shows it as available so I downloaded it.

• Using Linn Kazoo for control: start Kazoo, select the new renderer then click the TIDAL tile. It will let you enter your login credentials. Once done you can browse and play TIDAL like you would on a real Linn DS, and play it to your renderer.
    Kazoo beta supports TIDAL favorites. The beta is generally stable and safe to use. To switch to Kazoo beta, go into its settings and select "Yes" for "Participate in Beta programme"

Odd. Linn Kazoo had an update today and the Tidal tile is gone.

Odd. Linn Kazoo had an update today and the Tidal tile is gone.

Where? My Windows Kazoo updated to 4.5.739 today but Tidal is still there (with favorites). My ipad Kazoo is at 4.3.653 and plays Tidal-only music. This, of course, with Bubble server update 8...or no Tidal...but you know that.

Edited.

Where? My Windows Kazoo updated to 4.5.739 today but Tidal is still there (with favorites). My ipad Kazoo is at 4.3.653 and plays Tidal-only music. This, of course, with Bubble server update 8...or no Tidal...but you know that.

This is on a Mac.

On my iPad the Tidal tile is still there but says: "Tidal is not available. Your DS needs to be running Davaar 23 or later."