IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

i have not had any problems with using my mac mini(late summer 2013 version i7 with 16GB RAM through amarra SQ USB out to newest Schiit Gungnir RCA out to my system and also seinnheiser 598's to Schiit magni amp. no dropouts, a few pops crackles hisses distortions tho.TIDAL sounds almost or is as good as Qobuz. QUANTITY tho is limited on TIDAL. for example if i search on Qobuz for say RHINO RECORDS i get 65000 songs 5200 albums and 139 artists-i got NOTHING on TIDAL. some artists are limited and you get very few albums of covered music.i used to get a lot more frequent distortions using PureMusic's 'playthrough mode' and PM crashed every 10-15 songs no matter what i was streaming Qobuz or BeatsMusic so i disinstalled PM. bobbmd

it was very labor intensive i kept requesting to be accepted,i went to different forums and asked and left my phone number and a fellow from Mass. called me and talked me through it.i believe Qobuz gave me a french 'address' and viola i was in and have not regretted it is really that good.i'll go back through my records and see if i can find out exactly how i did it and let you know-but just keep trying ask how on CA and other forums and keep resubmitting your request-send them emails call them etc bobbmd

keeper is correct a VPN service will do it i can't exactly remember how to do it but it is somewhere else on CA it is not what i used to get Qobuz it was by email multiple times in both english and french and being very very polite and literally begging them and THEY may have used a VPN service bobbmd

I am having no problem whatsoever with the chrome desktop app and the iphone 6 app to my apple tv-the sound is FANTASTIC no dropouts no crashes SOME distortions pops and crackles.The ease of forming playlists is a tad easier than Qobuz and ability to 'x' out/delete whole playlists or individual songs/albums is quick and easy-using my sennheiser 598's or wireless rs120's SQ is really good(and the range and clarity on the wireless headphones from apple tv via iPhone is excellent). I originally thought TIDAL'S album choice/quantity was not as good as Qobuz for what i listen to was too limited- i am finding if you use variations of an artist a lot more choices are available-EVEN Sir Winston's(Churchill,that is) speeches are available as well as an biographical description of Tom Waits discography career is available. Especially interesting was if you searched Tom Russell not only his albums came up but others like him including Kate Edmonson(who i tried and DIDNT like her (voice)).Overall Tidal is as good as Qobuz and may turn out to be better especially if Qobuz if buried by ORANGE and by their own financial problems.

My system is mac mini 2013 i7 16GB RAM with Amarra sQ usb out to newest SCHIIT Gungnir and Magni headphone amp with headphones as above and out to my avr system. bobbmd

flatmap-In that gear icon you are much better off using as output source something like Pure Music or as i do Amarra sQ the sound quality is infinitely better,rather using you DAC as output source.Also DON'T ever fill out that box for last.fm you will get unmitagated annoyance from them ie drop downboxes etc.

I am afraid to touch that 'clear cache' and 'album cache' size-what do they do exactly??

Upstate CNY is beautiful right now but a POLAR VORTEX is bearing down on us- did you go to Cornell or Ithaca College? I my wife and 4 kids all went to St Lawrence University(just imagine going to 10 consecutive Parents Weekends '96-2005!!)

• 2 months later...

i need help- i feel like that argentine golfer who won the masters and signed the wrong scorecard-"i am such a stupid"

i updated to both os 8.1.3 and the yosemite update and now i have dropouts and pauses on both TIDAL and Qobuz

i NEVER EVER had this problem before this am(unlike others in above threads,comments) Sq is same but no dropouts on BeatsMusic

is there anyway to reverse these updates or is this not the problem

does anyone think this is apple's way of dissing JAY-Z for buying TIDAL

• 2 months later...

Chris: i have had the same problem on what (i think) is the MAC app -that box you show kept saying i was using the wrong username/password-i tried buying another subscription/trial and was told that username/password was already in use( no kidding,it's mine and i was so called VIP member)-i wrote several times(getting to their email support is another story altogether) finally got a reply and a link to a FREE 30DAY trial with a new password and what showed was a completely NEW web page with all my favorites playlists etc BUT it won't play in lossless!! HiFI is greyed out and get this if i try to use the new Amarra Sq+ the music STOPS! now i still have the 'old' tidal web page from my desk app(i think) and that will play HiFI(symbol is in red) BUT there is NO SOUND the green music bar moves but NO sound! i wrote again and was told i needed something called a NaCL NATIVE CLIENT app whatever the hell that is-i didn't need it last month or earlier for TIDAL i don't need it for Qobuz HiFi(which have you seen also has new style web page) ever and certainly don't need it for SPOTIFY or BM

OMG are they just shooting themselves in the foot?? do YOU have any idea how to fix this other keep writing them for answers( i sure wish they had an 800#

bobbmd

amarra Sq+ does not work for me with TIDAL neither native app (i assume this is that large new web browser page) nor my old mac desktop app since last week and it doesn't work on Qobuz or SPOTIFY now either-TIDAL and Qobuz both deliver lossless flac 16bit/44.1kHz without Amarra Sq+

and, miguelito go to chrome://plugins NATIVECLIENT is already imbedded in google chrome just disable and enable it it doesnot make AmarraSq+ work but it makes hifi work and light up white on both TIDAL apps

i may have to reload my old AmarraSqver2 but Ralph from Amarra is going to call me and 'takeover' my computer tomorrow and get Amarra Sq+ to work

i just don't understnd why this is all so complicated now three-four weeks ago or even last week i didn't have all these problems

chis and others i still have both apps and both work and output 16/44.1kHz(with hifi decal in white) and very good but neither app allows AmarraSq+ to run at all, as a matter of fact Amarra sQ+ does not run with any service Qobuz,SPOTIFY,BM BUT it did last week before 'the announcement'

i have had the desktop since TIDAL was available last fall and never knew the web browser app even existed until this weekend

i don't understand this NativeClient stuff but it is embedded in google chrome go to google://plugins disable and then enable it several times and at least you get hifi streamed to you

Chris: i did it said my email/username / password were incorrect i tried to sign in as new member and it said the name and password were already in use! as i stated elsewhere this started for me last week- end of march begining of april before /just after 'the announcement' plus all of a sudden i had no hifi

then i was told to get NaCl which i found embedded in google chrome at google://plugins

i disabled and enabled it several times and the grayed out HIFI in both apps became white

i was given 30 yes thirty days free on my account for all my frustration

in addition Amarra Sq+ didn't work at all for either app(or Qobuz)so i reinstalled Amarra SQ ver 2 and IT works ie Sqv2

why did all this confusion happen i never lost Qobuz hifi but Amarra Sq+ didn't work with Qobuz either

why doesn't TIDAL have a phone# and how did you all get notifications of the apps i never even knew there was a web app i have only had the mac desktop app now i have both and they both work nicely no sound quality issues pops crackles dropouts

sorry this reply is today hope you and others read it 4/9/2015

bobbmd

• 1 month later...

has anyone experienced this problem: i listen to TIDAL via my ipad connect to a sennheiser rs 195, when i go to 'my music'(ie my playlists) some playlists will not play the message says 'this playlist is empty' yet when i go my macmini and access the mac app or browser app that same playlist is full of the albums/songs i added and they play thru my system

i have had no problems with TIDAL otherwise either with wireless phones or via sonicstream sq+ to schiit gungnir and magni-crystal clear sound no dropouts static etc same goes for Qobuz Spotify or BM

• 1 year later...

ejlif-My feelings exactly and i posted my feelings elsewhere today. Have you also noticed if a song in an album is not available you get this horrible static sound for the WHOLE song while on Qobuz if this happens you get 30secs of mp3 version sample and then it goes to next available song-why can't TIDAL do this? TIDAL's interface sucks both the desktop and with ROON or A+. I also posted elsewhere today that after a week of listening to MQA i like it I think SQ is improved but because of TIDAL's other shortfalls i still think Qobuz is far better in just FLAC not only SQ but choices and ease of setting up playlists queues etc. I am not throwing TIDAL out or ROON- maybe things will improve with me getting a DF RED and MQA full decoding. Also there just isn't enough MASTERS yet and to find the 'hidden' ones is too exhausting for me and where is the rest of the DEAD/Jerry and all his friends/solos and where is SINATRA and where are all rest of Tom Waits especially the early stuff by him?

• 4 weeks later...

ckpiv- that is exactly what i did i have done i have made 3 long playlists one of all the grateful dead masters then 2 others of various other artists these eventually transfer over to ROON and to A2+ and altho they don't show up as MASTERS per se they sound excellent via ME2 or Schiit FULLA AND for all you out there who are reading this A2+ ver 2.6.6 now plays thru ME2 i fiddled and fiddled and found in order for music to play thru you had to go to preferences on A2+ in audio filters change the converter and change from iZotrope 64 bit src to Apple core audio and bingo it works

• 3 weeks later...

AudGuy: I updated yesterday afternoon BUT my version says 2.1.4 227 (W:2.0.3--6) (NP 2.3.25).And to post #774 I did not get that message when I updated what version did you upgrade to and then revert back to? I initially thought the SQ was suddenly harsh/different(MQA and non MQA) so I went to to A2+ and then ROON all was fine including upsampling to 24/192 and 3 white lights on ME2 for non MQA albums (on A2+ and I assume on ROON) and then went back to TIDAL desktop and the sound was pristine and NOW I have 3 white lights for non MQA albums which I never had before on the TIDAL desktop would only get one or two white lights so I assume the desktop is upsampling to 24/192 am I correct??.