IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

On both devices as standalone players I get gapless. I mention this because people are writing TIDAL off as not gapless, but in reality it depends on the player. If specific players aren't gapless now, let's start a list and get them upgraded.

They are fortunate to have you as a spokesman and go between for their new service.

David

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
In Tidal I have discovered that the message "Album Not Available" isn't always accurate.

Try selecting it a second or third time or more after getting the message. Selecting the album name text below the album art rather than the album art itself seems to work best for me. I can't say if it's an Apple app thing, or my un-evolved mouse clicking skills, but for me it has paid off being persistent.

ClassicsOnLine HD has been terrific. Great library.

The newly improved ClassicsOnline service does look very nice! Sound quality good?

That is one service I could consider using.

David

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I've had enough. As I now am having constant dropouts I now have to pump the play button. It usually drops out for minutes at a time.

It's completely unacceptable and I'll be writing down all my library manually and going to another service.

Goodbye Tidal.

You just didn't cut it!!!

When you see so many folks having zero issues with Tidal I would think it would give you pause as to what is going on with your network, system, internet service or the way that you are accessing the service (i.e. Hardware, cables,etc).

On both mobile devices and desktop (Windows machine) I have had no complaints and find that the combination of Tidal and Roon is superb and a great way to supplement my digital library.

David

+1 for Roon plus Tidal on my iMac (Win7 Bootcamp). No issues at all.

I am on a long road trip at the moment listening to Tidal on my old iPad2. So long as the hotel has decent WiFi, no dropouts. My PM-3 headphones complete my a portable rig.

Listening to Bob Weir's new recording on Tidal right now also.

I need to be out of town next week and not sure what I'll take besides an iPad. Maybe a pair of Audio Engine speakers to hook up to it.

David

• 1 month later...

I also use Tidal with Roon quite a bit.

Tidal with Roon is terrific! I'm running it on a small PC running windows 10 and it sounds excellent with virtually no issues. I do wish I could stream to other clients while still outputting from computer into my Dac. The ability to do multi room synced playback is a great feature of Roon and it handles it much better than most other software.

David

• 2 weeks later...

What I find particularly insulting is the RAP crap that is always on display.

I'll second that. Not sure why they can't show you things you are interested in after you've used it for awhile. Apple starts to "feel" your preferences and display accordingly so not sure why they can't get that straight with Tidal.

Of course I don't think Apple sounds as good and having Roon integration is still way better than Apple Music's interface.

David

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Again, running Tidal through Roon interface into a whole house system (Sonos) with zero dropouts and no issues. When I run it straight [Tidal+Roon] from a Windows PC into USB Dac I also am experiencing no issues and it really does sound great. 

Bummer that folks are having issues because it really is a wonderful interface and pretty damn good streaming service on top of it!

listening to Freddie Hubbards “First Light”out on the patio from Tidal and it sounds great even coming out of some all weather speakers mo7nted up under the eaves of the house. 

David

On 9/25/2017 at 12:15 PM, left channel said:

Could be geography. Could also be that Mac users have fewer problems with the Tidal app than Windoze users. 

It also could be true that the vast majority of Tidal users have no problem at all, as they'd not be motivated to seek out a thread like this. (Such is the nature of internet forums in general...) Also, I suspect the vast majority of Tidal users are on mobile apps, and have never heard the word "audiophile".  :-)

I've yet to experience a freeze or even a long pause in the Qobuz app for Windows.

Not a Mac user here and use the Windows Tidal desktop app intermittently when I want the fuller MQA playback and have same experience as when I use it with Roon. No issues, no dropouts or freezing and it’s on a tiny little Windows computer that just runs and runs with no issues whatsoever. 

David

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2017 at 2:37 PM, Ski Bum said:

I have compared the sound quality between the same track played on (a) Roon sending a 44.1/16 signal over the network to my upsampler/DAC, and (b) the Tidal desktop sending a 96/24 signal over a USB cable (with a Jitterbug) to my upsampler/DAC, and the Roon route quite clearly sounds better (principally, clarity and body).  I'm looking forward to Roon providing an update that allows MQA decoding to take place in Roon.

You are far from alone in wanting that Roon pass through of MQA. Hopefully before Christmas. 

David

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, oneartist said:

My problem was a bad modem. The new modem downloads at 67Mbps and my MConnect Control settings for Tidal have changed dramatically. Masters files are 24 bit, 192K and 1750 kbps. When I was on a search for better hardware to stream MQA I selected PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II. You can buy PSA hardware for about 33% off from HighPerformanceStereo.com. You won't be disappointed. For my big Magnepan speakers I got two M700 mono amps, again for about 33% off. I wish you could hear. 

I wish I could hear that too!  Big Maggies with enough power are one of my all time favorites.  Long ago I sold them and I remember selling a pair to someone after a demo with a big McIntosh integrated fed by an internet classical radio stream!  We both just sat there and looked at each and laughed!  He right then purchased a pair.

David