IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

A new issue with Tidal is that they have severely limited search results. If you search for Mozart for example and click on 'albums', you only get a handful of results out of possibly hundreds or thousands. On Spotify you are still able to scroll down and see as many as you wish.

14 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

I have found that the most realistic way to use Tidal's search function is to know the name, or approximate name, of the album and the album artist you are searching for. For example, searching for "Mozart Piano Concertos" yields only a fraction of what is available.

Searching "Mozart Piano Concertos Brendel" opens up his contribution to the Tidal database. Just typing "Mozart Piano Concertos" yields zero Brendel albums.

This makes random exploration of their database using a single concept (i.e., Mozart piano concertos) impossible. It's a terrible search function which seems to get worse with each iteration.

Discovery is only aspect of streaming that is more enjoyable than CDs. I like to enter terms like 'Haydn Sonata' or 'Dvorak Chamber' and discover unsuspected recordings. When Tidal limits the number of search results, it destroys this ability. What I'm presently doing is searching on Spotify and when I find something interesting, looking for the specific album on Tidal to listen to it.

Up until recently Tidal's search worked correctly. Having them remove features at will makes me fear that at any moment they'll cripple the service and prevent me from enjoying music the way I do. Makes me wish to return to CDs altogether and not take the risk.