IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

The two machines that I listen to Tidal on are now both playing MASTER files properly, something that has not happened up until today. And I must say, the sound is really very good now. WOW, thank you Tidal !!!

I am not sure what they did, but now the playback settings that I have selected remain selected when a Master track is played, instead of reverting back to System Default settings which always resulted in just average audio.

On my non-MQA DAC playback is now showing at 96KHz instead of 44KHz, I think they have fixed MQA playback.

Tidal version is now: 2.1.3.226 (W:2.0.3--6) (NP:2.3.25)

Fixed for me too. My original posting:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/tidal-windows-bug-prevents-mqa-31298/

I too have been updated to

2.1.5.228 (W: 2.0.3--6) (NP: 2.3.26)

and all is still fine. (I have had the same problem as you for many months.) I too would like to understand how to roll back to a previous version - and to not have it automatically updated.

Your report of "reluctance to play" - I have always had this exact same symptom. I suspect I also get it on non-MQA, but I have not noticed. My workaround is to skip forwards and skip back, and then it plays.

Thanks Marc, here is what I noticed today.

.. check streaming is set to my choice(yes), select from My Music Yes/90125/Owner of a Lonely Heart, press play. Short spinning(about 2 sec) then playback as Master file. Sound is very good.

OK, after song ends, press stop, then backup a level to album root, select new, David Byrne/Here Lies Love/Here Lies Love, press play. Endless spinning and Nag message to set default to 16/44. And my selected playback device has been switched back to the default device. Playback starts but sound does not seem correct.

I tried to reproduce the fault with the tracks you suggest, but all plays fine. I followed your steps above. Buffering took about 3 to 4 secs, which is to be expected for broadband in UK. No nag messages. Both tracks I selected were the MQA versions. (I recognise what you mean by the nag messages - I often got them 'till update last week.) I suspect the problem is not track-related.

I am annoyed that Tidal are treating customers like this. They know the circumstances causing this bug. You and I should not need to waste time re-figuring it out - Tidal should publish the circumstances under which this bug is manifest on a web page. Disrespect of customers never ends well.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, kiwi2000 said:

Tidal says , " MQA is only available in the latest desktop client version "?

This is not true. Tidal are careless/contemptuous about telling their customers how to use their product. MQA has been available for a long time using the Android app "USB Audio Recorder PRO" (UAPP). And has recently been made available, although with restrictions, via Tidal's own Android app.