IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

14 minutes ago, left channel said:

@Johnseye have you tried to stream Tidal through the UAPP app? An app like that is necessary to get the most out of a V30 anyway.

I've been using Tidal direct from the V30 to headphones or from the headphone jack into my car.  I use Neutron for music stored on the phone itself.  I'll give UAPP a try, thanks for the recommendation.

If I can't connect to Tidal direct over cellular I'm not sure how UAPP will help that connection, but it's worth a shot.  And if it helps improve SQ over Neutron for local storage that would be a big win.

Thanks

36 minutes ago, left channel said:

@Johnseye it's worth trying UAPP just to determine if the problem is the Tidal app, or if it's another problem (which I'm just guessing could be the phone/account data settings, your carrier's service or policies, the Tidal network, or other frustrating issues).

And yes, some say the SQ of UAPP is an improvement over Neutron, or they have other reasons for preferring UAPP. It's a very powerful, versatile app, though the "U" for "USB" ought to change now that it works with both external and internal DACs.

34 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

Sounds a bit like a DNS issue with your cell provider unless you have another phone on the same provider that works?

If it were a DNS issue then it would effect other services like web browsing and Google Music.  It is specific to Tidal.  The carrier is Verizon so this would be widespread if it was due to them.

My guess is that it's related to the latest Android update for the LG V30 and some Tidal app code.  Again if it were just Android it would impact Google Music or other services.