IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

3 hours ago, Cebolla said:

It might be best to mention exactly what you mean by "bubbleupnp with raspberry pi" (eg: BubbleUPnP Server helper software and/or BubbleUPnP Android app; if BubbleUPnP Server, the relevant configuration settings & the networked machine you are running it on; if BubbleUPnP Android app, the relevant configuration settings & the Android device; the version of Raspberry Pi; the Pi's audio distro or standard distro and audio file streaming software; any WiFi use of the Pi; etc).

It'll save the casual reader from having to remember and/or look up your past posts mentioning something similar (if they can be bothered and assuming that info is what you are currently referring to anyway), let alone those who could potentially help.

I certainly do not have any track stuttering and restarting issues with my "bubbleupnp with raspberry pi" setup connecting to my TIDAL HiFi account via my home network's ISP. Howerver, that could be because I'm using the BubbleUPnP Android app (as an OpenHome controller, TIDAL quality set to streaming FLAC & Use proxy not set) on an Acer Iconia tablet and Sony Xperia S phone, with a Rasberry Pi 2 (Raspbian Jessie Lite distro, running the latest headless version of openhome.org's OpenHome Player and connected by wired ethernet to the network).

Hello,

Thank you for the detailed response. I understand how much critical information I've omitted.

Last night, per recommendation from RuneAudio forum ( http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/bubble-upnp-t2855.html ) I created a RuneAudio OpenHome renderer from the BubbleUPnP Server app running on my Qnap NAS.

That seems to have resolved it (for now).

So the problematic setup was:

-BubbleUPnP Android App

-RPi3 w/Rune Audio Image

-Tidal Hifi

Problem: intermittent stuttering

New Setup:

-BubbleUPnP Server running on QNap NAS

-OpenHome RuneAudio renderer running on above bubble server

-RPi3 w/Rune Audio (wifi and bt disabled)

-BubbleUPnP android app controller (samsung s7)

So, in my new setup, what part of the chain is doing what? Is my phone doing all the downloading from TidaI? I suppose I'm asking what the difference between a "server" "renderer" and "controller".

1 minute ago, jcn3 said:

i'm not that familiar with rune, but it appears that rune can be a dlna server and a render.  if so, then you don't need minimserver and you're good the way you are.

now in bubbleupnp app on your samsung device:

* what are you picking as the "renderer"?  i assume you're picking the rpi3 (probably called "rune oh" or something like that).  that means you're picking the device as the receiver of the music.

* what are you picking as the "library"? i assume you're picking the rpi3 (again probably called "rune oh"). that means the music is being served from the rpi3.

in that situation, the rpi3 is the server and the render.  not a problem -- perfectly fine to do it that way.

notice you need to pick "local and cloud" to be able to select "cloud" and then get to tidal.

Yes. I'm picking RuneAudio(OpenHome) as renderer on bubbleupnp android controller app

The "library" is "Local>Cloud>Tidal". I don't see RPi3 as an option to stream Tidal. Should I? How can I set that up? I'd rather have the RPi3 doing some of the lifting.

Thanks!