IGNORED

Official TIDAL HIFI Streaming Issues Thread

• 3 weeks later...
What do you think has changed since the Jay Z purchase?

I am part of the "older demographic" that want to see more Classical, Jazz, and Blues albums and playlists for my $25 CDN per month. We grey haired audiophiles are the market for high priced HiFi streaming.

What I see on the What's New pages are 9/10 Hip Hop and Electronic Dub (Jay Z and Friends?).

I am enjoying the new Desktop app (Beta). See http://tidal.com/us/download

Apple iMac 27 > Bootstrap > Win7 > Meridian Explorer.

I love that the Apple TV remote controls back/forward and volume!

• 1 month later...
I think I read somewhere (probably in this thread) that with a HiFi subscription to Tidal, only about 75% of the music is actually streamed in lossless format. Is there a way to tell while a song is playing if its being streamed to me in FLAC or the AAC format?

Also... Make sure your WiFi streaming preferences are set to the highest quality.

• 3 months later...

In Vancouver BC...

I upgraded the Tidal Windows app this morning in response to a pop up prompt.

Tidal worked for an hour, then stopped. I get a Server Error and Unable to log in messages.

Was able to log in under the Chrome web player, but unable to play any tracks.

Works as usual on my iPad.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Peter

EDIT: I uninstalled the app and re-installed it. Now working as usual.

• 1 month later...

Anyone experiencing these Tidal "stuck" GUI issue?

Running iMac>Bootcamp>Windows 7>Tidal PC Desktop app

1. Most times, when I exit Tidal and restart, the GUI looses the "More" and "Show All" function on Albums, Playlists etc.

2. I cannot scroll sideways to see more albums etc.

3. Also the Back/Play/Forward widget does not display

T\When this happens, the only fix is to uninstall Tidal and re-install.

Neither in the Chrome player, nor in iOS players do I experience this.

BTW...I love the Roon player because it allow me to bypass Windows and play through ASIO to my DAC. Noticeable SQ improvement. Wish Tidal had ASIO capability.

• 9 months later...
When you see so many folks having zero issues with Tidal I would think it would give you pause as to what is going on with your network, system, internet service or the way that you are accessing the service (i.e. Hardware, cables,etc).

On both mobile devices and desktop (Windows machine) I have had no complaints and find that the combination of Tidal and Roon is superb and a great way to supplement my digital library.

+1 for Roon plus Tidal on my iMac (Win7 Bootcamp). No issues at all.

I am on a long road trip at the moment listening to Tidal on my old iPad2. So long as the hotel has decent WiFi, no dropouts. My PM-3 headphones complete my a portable rig.

• 1 month later...
If say im on a plane and i decide i want to listen to music via tidal offline. they state offline is ideal for such situations. they also say once logged into the app you can set it to offline. how do i log into the app in a situation where there is no cellular or internet? this could also apply to being on a train with very poor coverage or reception?

When logged in and listening to the album you like, set it to "Offline". This will download the album to local storage on your iPhone. When traveling, and offline, at the main menu for Tidal, swipe right and select "Offline Content". You can play all previously downloaded albums offline.

• 3 months later...

WiFi streaming depends on the quality of your service, the wireless access point, and the WiFi on the mobile device. I use iOS on iPad and iPhone around my apartment, and my service is 15Mbits/sec. 95% of the time it works as well as my desktop PC which is hard wired ethernet to the router. No noticible difference in SQ.

• 4 weeks later...
On March 25, 2017 at 5:13 AM, oneway23 said:

For some reason, as of only the past week or so, there are a few Yes albums that are refusing to play their MQA variants for me, primarily Close to the Edge and Fragile.  

I'm currently on Windows 10 x64, with a firewall exemption granted for Tidal's .exe.  Tidal ver. 2.1.5.228 (W: 2.1.1--4) (NP: 2.3.26)

I have uninstalled and re-installed, cleared caches, deleted files in the hidden user folders, etc., all to no avail.

I have 50meg DL speed via wired ethernet at home, so bandwidth should certainly be a non-issue.  I would appreciate any help, thanks!

I have no problem with either of these albums here in Canada.  Here is my setup.

15Mbits/sec Internet

iMac27 .. Bootcamp ..Win7 .. Tidal PC app(2.1.5.228) .. Ifi iUSB power .. Explorer2

Close to the edge: Blue/White/White LEDs

Fragile: Blue/White/off LEDS

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Acesn8s said:

Changing the DNS to Google 8.8.8.8. did not cure the stuttering issue that occurs during the initial MQA unfold every few albums. Changing the Dell laptop's power setting to Maximum Performance didn't help, either. Nor did setting the computer to airplane mode while connected via Cat 7 Ethernet cable.

Unless this board has more suggestions, I suppose that I will ignore MQA until I swap out computers or an affordable streamer or music player with decoding ability becomes available.

Thanks!

Unfortunately the occasional stuttering and 5 sec dropouts also happen in HIFI.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 1:44 PM, Acesn8s said:

A little help, please, with MQA and Windows 10?

I stream TIDAL via AudioQuest ethernet cable at >50mbps from a ComCast router to a dedicated Dell laptop running Windows 10, and then via Wireworld USB cable to a TEAC UD 503 DAC. TIDAL desktop does the initial MQA unfold.

From time to time, with no discernable pattern, a Master file will suddenly stutter, sounding like a 45rpm LP being spun at 33rpm. Advancing to the next track on the album typivally corrects the problem until it reoccurs.

TIDAL support suggests it's a connectivity issue, but the defect only happens on MQA, not on TIDAL HiFi, Sirius, or Spotify. TEAC support says their DAC deals with whatever arrives.

If anyone has encountered this issue or can even speculate on a workaround I'd be much obliged. I am unwilling to contemplate upgrading to a full MQA decoding DAC or to a streamer until I get a handle on this. Thanks!

I don't have a solution for you, however my experience is that stuttering can also occur on HIFI.  I have version 2.1.8.289 .    It's intermittent.... haven't heard it for days now.

• 4 weeks later...

No stuttering on MASTERs today :)

No changes to my setup:   Windows Tidal App on PC > iPurifier > iUSB > LS50W

Tested the following MASTER albums with no stuttering problem:

• Mark Knofler Shangri-La
  • Grateful Dead American Beauty
  • Joni Mitchell Blue  (one short skip)
  • Patricia Barber A Distortion of Love (hung on second and eighth tracks)

When it hangs, I have to click fast-forward.  Apart from these issues, I am enjoying sweet sound!

On 8/26/2017 at 1:56 PM, [email protected] said:

No stuttering on MASTERs today :)

No changes to my setup:   Windows Tidal App on PC > iPurifier > iUSB > LS50W

Tested the following MASTER albums with no stuttering problem:

• Mark Knofler Shangri-La
  • Grateful Dead American Beauty
  • Joni Mitchell Blue  (one short skip)
  • Patricia Barber A Distortion of Love (hung on second and eighth tracks)

When it hangs, I have to click fast-forward.  Apart from these issues, I am enjoying sweet sound!

Rats...

• Madeleine Peyroux (Hello Babe) MASTER STUTTERING AGAIN 
1 hour ago, Acesn8s said:

Current MQA Streaming Issues:

Since TIDAL added well over a thousand new Master albums to its library last week, every MQA file that I've played has skipped tracks and most have endlessly hung up. No problems on CD quality HiFI.

TIDAL Support advised as follows:

Our programming team confirmed with me that this is a known issue that is affecting a number of users, which has placed it at the top of their list to fix.  

While I don’t have a timeline as to when a fix will go through, please know that our team is working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

We realize that this is an inconvenience for you, so we thank you for your patience.

No updated app has since been released. Anybody?

Are you using the Windows PC app?  I also experience a "stuttering" problem when listening to some MASTERs tracks.

I tried the MacOS app for a few hours and no MASTERs problems.  Others report that Audivana for MacOS works well with MASTERs.

I suspect the PC app has problems with buffering or "unfolding" MQA.

1 hour ago, Grevan said:

When I started the Tydal PC app this morning there was a message at the top that an update had been downloaded and to click to restart. Initial listening results are positive. Tracks no longer skip and do not pause after two have played.

My Setup:

iMac27 (Windows 7 Bootcamp) > iPurifier > iUSB > Kef LS50W

Tidal 2.1.11.333 for Windows.

Tried Grateful Dead American Beauty

Second track Friend of the Devil.  I had to pause to answer the phone.  On un-pause the distortion/stuttering started again It is worse than before.

Last track Truckin'  Started distortion/stuttering again.  Restart "cleared" the problem.

:(

• 7 months later...