IGNORED

Aurender X100L Display Contents

asiano

I just purchased the Aurender X100L and was hoping someone could help me understand what drives the song information display mode.

The X100L comes with a few sample songs and when I play those songs, the display lists the Artist and Song Title. However, when I copy albums from my library, it instead displays UNKNOWN and the File Name (e.g. Tom Petty - Refugee - 01 - Damn the Torpedoes.flac).

I reviewed the tags for each of the songs and the common elements appear to be the same (Artist, Album, Title, etc.). Songs from my library have many more tags such as Dynamic Range, Artist Sort, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I would like to copy over my entire library, but not until I resolve the display issues as I would rather clean-up any tags, if necessary, prior to copying the files to the Aurender.

Sound quality betters Mac Mini with Amarra Symphony by a significant margin. Given the unequalled iPad software too, this is the best single audio purchase I have made - unexpected too, since I wouldn't have imagined a USB server could make so substantial a difference to sound quality. It doesn't yield to Amarra in detail, but if I could strive for an impressionistic description I'd say it's fuller as well as throwing a somewhat wider soundstage. Couldn't be happier.

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

I agree with all of johnwilk's comments, except that I don't miss Amarra's sometimes edgy detail.

So, I've rid myself of the aches and pains of Pure Music, Audirvana, and Amarra, none of which could be remedied with the upgrades, adjustments and intensive care that distracted from the music. And I'm down to two connected boxes that play music wonderfully. The Aurender software makes iTunes look amateurish. And everything works as advertised--and perfectly. I've not had a single glitch.

After the Devialet, the Aurender is the most satisfying audio purchase I've made. Plus, I've learned recently that Aurender will be adding Tidal streaming capability within the next few months. Nice, unexpected bonus.

Qobuz via Aurender N10 > Devialet Expert Pro > Audio Physic Avantera

btw today there's a firmware update, which I imagine might prepare for implementation of streaming. It's not announced on the Aurender site, but it's now 5.1.46 available under 'upgrade' in the iPad app. If anyone knows what else it might be about, do share...

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

btw today there's a firmware update, which I imagine might prepare for implementation of streaming. It's not announced on the Aurender site, but it's now 5.1.46 available under 'upgrade' in the iPad app. If anyone knows what else it might be about, do share...

My thoughts are definitely moving toward an Aurender...what with the current endless challenge of introducing yet another software upgrade and wondering if your music system will be as playable as before...

How seamless is the iPad remote App?

I can work my way through the apple remote app and VNC when listening without iTunes but it is too "techy" for my partner which is just not fair. Would like to get off of that merry-go-round...

Also keenly interested in the Devialet...so this potential system would have an Aurender cabled into a Devialet and then done...simple, elegant..and from what I hear, outstanding sound.

Would welcome your thoughts.

Cheers,

WDW