IGNORED

Dirac noise

KnockKnock

I've been having more combinations with A+ as well. (I never managed to get it to work with Dirac when in iTunes integrated mode). It seems like A+ has difficulty staying locked onto the DAP. I had it quit mid-playback today. I may switch to BitPerfect or Decibel or just iTunes. This is too much of a headache.

I've been having more combinations with A+ as well. (I never managed to get it to work with Dirac when in iTunes integrated mode). It seems like A+ has difficulty staying locked onto the DAP. I had it quit mid-playback today. I may switch to BitPerfect or Decibel or just iTunes. This is too much of a headache.

The Audirvana 2.0 seems to play well with Dirac. You have to uncheck integer mode, but other than that no problems. Course you can't use it with a remote if that's an issue.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

When there is a remote, I'll come back to it, but for now, 2.0 breaks my Apple remote hack, so having to turn off all the main features in Audirvana 1.5 to get it to play (such as it does) with Dirac, vs. just using Decibel, I have to wonder why I didn't do this sooner.

When there is a remote, I'll come back to it, but for now, 2.0 breaks my Apple remote hack, so having to turn off all the main features in Audirvana 1.5 to get it to play (such as it does) with Dirac, vs. just using Decibel, I have to wonder why I didn't do this sooner.

I know the feeling. The only player I can use with my iPad as a controller is PureMusic. Both Amarra and Audirvana require me to use my Air. I'm getting used to it though. And I'm really happy with the sound when Dirac is in.

2012 MacMini 8G ram -> Audirvana + 3.0 -> Mcintosh MHA 100> Nordost > Audeze LCD X

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I was just wondering if the OP (or anyone else) ever solved this problem. I recently downloaded Dirac and am about halfway through my trial period. I've been hoping to have it correct my room issues, but all its output include crackles and pops - which disappear when I turn the Dirac filters off. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Many thanks in advance!

My setup is:

LaCie 5big Thunderbolt 2 RAID -> 2014 Mac Mini 8GB RAM OS X Server -> Gigabit Ethernet -> 2014 Macbook Air 13" 8GB RAM -> Audirvana Plus 2.0 without iTunes (Direct and Integer modes turned off), Output set to Dirac -> Dirac, output set to Hugo -> Hugo -> Woo Audio WA5 SET Class A -> Audeze LCD-XC / KEF Speakers

Artifex

Searching for Good Sounds in China!

The crackles and pops are some big problem. It's not just Dirac, it's a combination of Dirac and Yosemite and your USB sound cart... It happens only in my system when there is a change of sample rate. Playing tracks with the same sample rate works just fine. When the noise occurs, I can easily unplug the USB cable of my soundcard, plug it in again, and after 10 seconds play music again.

I know this is very annoying, the Dirac guys are working on a solution, but as it is not only a Dirac problem it's not easy peasy...

But it's VERY bad, sounds really bad. As fantastic as Dirac is, as annoying is this sample rate noise, which makes Dirac useless...

KK

Hi all, I was just wondering if the OP (or anyone else) ever solved this problem. I recently downloaded Dirac and am about halfway through my trial period. I've been hoping to have it correct my room issues, but all its output include crackles and pops - which disappear when I turn the Dirac filters off. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Many thanks in advance!

My setup is:

LaCie 5big Thunderbolt 2 RAID -> 2014 Mac Mini 8GB RAM OS X Server -> Gigabit Ethernet -> 2014 Macbook Air 13" 8GB RAM -> Audirvana Plus 2.0 without iTunes (Direct and Integer modes turned off), Output set to Dirac -> Dirac, output set to Hugo -> Hugo -> Woo Audio WA5 SET Class A -> Audeze LCD-XC / KEF Speakers

@wgscott and KnockKnock,

Many thanks for your responses.

1. Yes, I'm using Yosemite 10.10.1

2. Haven't tried using iTunes yet - I just use Audirvana on my main Hifi setup. Hmmm, maybe I should just try iTunes plus BitPerfect or one of the other player options.

3. Thanks KK - at least I know it's not a problem unique to my setup. I guess I'll turn off Dirac and try it again in a few months - hopefully I can do the trial thing again then before buying...

Art

Artifex

I'm suggesting iTunes only. Do this for a positive control, just to figure out whether the problem is with Audirvana not playing well with Dirac, or whether it is something independent to what player you are using.

A number of people have reported problems with 10.10 and USB, for what it is worth. My mini is still on 10.9. I am hesitating to "update" it until some incompatibility forces it upon me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks, just wanted to update that the Dirac problem persisted even with iTunes, so I just stopped using it (Dirac) altogether.

just wondering - does anyone here know if the Amarra/Dirac bundle also has the same issues?

Art

Artifex

Hi folks, just wanted to update that the Dirac problem persisted even with iTunes, so I just stopped using it (Dirac) altogether.

just wondering - does anyone here know if the Amarra/Dirac bundle also has the same issues?

Art

Works superbly with no issues for me.

Audirvana Plus/Dirac Live - Weiss 202 - Lavardin IT-15 - Art Emotion Signatures.  DragonFly Red - Sennheiser HD600s & IE800s.

Works superbly with no issues for me.

Same here Steve. I see you are on OS 10.8 like me.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

• 1 month later...