IGNORED

AURALiC ARIES as NAA for HQPlayer?

Wouldn't that be interesting?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Wouldn't that be interesting?

Would it? :-)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Would it? :-)

It would to me. :P

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Sorry was being facetious...

Just strikes me as every time someone produces a new device; there's always someone who wishes it does something different!

It's almost like saying "I've bought a new BMW; I wish it worked as a boat".

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Just strikes me as every time someone produces a new device; there's always someone who wishes it does something different!

Don't be redicurous! This is a very natural use of the ARIES.

Having said this, I much prefer focus on TIDAL and Lightning DS improvements.

system pics

So funny. You just brightened up my morning.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Ok seriously... This is not a strange question... After all the ARIES supports both AirPlay and Songcast.

system pics

Ok seriously... This is not a strange question... After all the ARIES supports both AirPlay and Songcast.

Songcast sounds much better than Airplay on the Aries .

Actually had popping sounds playing Airplay .

I will stick to Songcast which sounds terrific .

I use Songcast for Spotify , Pandora , etc and the Music Library in the Aries for critical listening .

True enough. But the wish list must have some limits. :)

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

True enough. But the wish list must have some limits. :)

Well Auralic could put in Spotify Connect and Pandora *properly*.. instead of trying to do things on the cheap and half baked via the Songcast "workaround".. and suddenly open up an entire world of Millions of users.. or put in the NAA or carry on being half baked....

You be the judge what's best to do... :)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Songcast sounds much better than Airplay on the Aries .

Actually had popping sounds playing Airplay .

I will stick to Songcast which sounds terrific .

I use Songcast for Spotify , Pandora , etc and the Music Library in the Aries for critical listening .

See comment above :)

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

I support you on your question, and share the interest. I see myself going to Aries next year, And I also would like to test NAA and HQpayer again.

Would make perfect sense to avoid one extra box, and use it as a NAA, the same way that a mini server from SOTM can also act as a NAA....

Well Auralic could put in Spotify Connect and Pandora *properly*.. instead of trying to do things on the cheap and half baked via the Songcast "workaround".. and suddenly open up an entire world of Millions of users.. or put in the NAA or carry on being half baked...

They have to choose what to focus on obviously... And I would argue that given a choice most users would agree TIDAL, USB hard drive support (I personally don't care about this) and Lightning DS stability and tweaks (such as not switching back to Album) are top priorities. Spotify and Pandora streaming are not of high quality enough to trump the other priorities.

Now if Spotify or Apple decided to get into lossless streaming then that's an entirely different story. It is only a matter of time.

system pics

I support you on your question, and share the interest. I see myself going to Aries next year, And I also would like to test NAA and HQpayer again. Would make perfect sense to avoid one extra box, and use it as a NAA, the same way that a mini server from SOTM can also act as a NAA....

Yes, absolutely. Thx.

system pics

Well Auralic could put in Spotify Connect and Pandora *properly*.. instead of trying to do things on the cheap and half baked via the Songcast "workaround".. and suddenly open up an entire world of Millions of users.. or put in the NAA or carry on being half baked....

Well perhaps they are strapped for funds. I think they are a small company and renderers are about as niche as you can get. Perhaps they have difficult choices to make.

How is using Songcast half baked ? Would integration be a real improvement in audio quality? I doubt it . I use Spot Remote for Spotify and Remoteless for Padora

and the audio quality is great .

I know Auralic is trying to work something out with Vtuner for Internet radio as well but I already

have the 15 stations I wanna listen to already added in the Radio section .

Its not about audio quality. Its about ease of use :)

Or maybe not . That's a wildly speculative comment .

It is speculative, indeed. But most relatively new companies have fiscal restraints. Auralic may be a subsidiary of a large company with an large budget OR it may be a small startup company with some or no external support. I don't know or care. We have all seen a number of audio companies with excellent products fail. I hope Auralic succeeds

I don't feel that my "speculation" was wild. It was particularly mild for this medium. But this is a medium for free speech (most places in the world) and you are entitled to your opinion.

It is speculative, indeed.

Well, frankly, almost certainly true. Look at the face of AURALiC (only one guy). I'm fully supportive, they are doing an amazing job, and not trying to answer every brain wave people have and instead focus on the important stuff is the proper way to progress. Just look at Apple.

system pics

^ Guys if you cant see why adding apps like Spotify and Pandora properly (so they are accessed *within* the Aires GUI and Lightning app) should be *way* more important for this product than adding NAA, then I'm sorry I've got nothing more to contribute to this thread!

^ Guys if you cant see why adding apps like Spotify and Pandora properly (so they are accessed *within* the Aires GUI and Lightning app) should be *way* more important for this product than adding NAA, then I'm sorry I've got nothing more to contribute to this thread!

I'm not convinced the people looking at this product care that much about Spotify or Pandora -today- . If either of those, or Apple for that matter, decide to produce a lossless streaming service, then that's a whole different story.

Having said this, from a marketing standpoint, I think having Spotify and Pandora would create stronger appeal to some than say implementing an NAA adapter. It might also be way more complicated from a business standpoint (I don't know what the requirements and limitations are for these service from a usage perspective).

system pics

I know Auralic is trying to work something out with Vtuner for Internet radio as well but I already have the 15 stations I wanna listen to already added in the Radio section .

What's a good source for high quality radio station URLs? Thx.

system pics