IGNORED

JRemote 3.09 available

firedog

Fixes small album art issue.

Updates for iPhone6 and Retina Screen

New "add to Playlist" by finger swipe feature

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Do you know when JRemote will be available for Android? Gizmo is terrible.

There was a thread several months ago about JRemote / Android availability in the near future. Bubbleupnp is good but JRemote is fantastic.

Perhaps I will have to breakdown and buy and iPad mini.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

The JRemote developer has been hired by JRiver and says one of his priorities there is the Android app. What that means about when the app will be ready, I don't know.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

It is good to get the album art size corrected but now it appears the alphabet paging feature on the right side of the window has been replaced with about 24 microscopic dots. I think I much prefer the legible letters. They did not take up that much screen space.

Also, there is still no way to delete an album from a playlist. This is a feature that would be nice to have.

Think there is just a one way to do this, load a playlist, delete the album (needs to be deleted song by song) and save again...

Yes, but deleting song by song is the part that should not be required. If all the songs are listed together, it should be possible to delete the whole album by deleting the first track. LINN's Kinsky control point does this by providing an option to "Group playlist tracks." When set this way album art shows for first track only and deleting that track deletes all other tracks from the album listed directly below it. Other tracks from the album that are located elsewhere in the playlist are unaffected. Turn off "Group playlist tracks" and the application shows album art for each track, which must be deleted individually as is currently the case with JRemote.

It is good to get the album art size corrected but now it appears the alphabet paging feature on the right side of the window has been replaced with about 24 microscopic dots. I think I much prefer the legible letters.

+1

There are many JRemote users who feel the same way. It is my understanding that, in response to numerous requests, the alphabet down the right side of the page in the Album thumbnail view will be back in a future update.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

3.08 added the ability to to view PDFS files (such as scans or downloads of CD booklets) and other "Assets via JRemote. I love the feature but with 3.09 it seems to be broken. The little "paper clip" icon that allowed you to access the "Assets" is gone. When you select the small "i" to reveal information on the current file playing there is the tab at the bottom for "Assets" and selecting that shows the PDF icon but when selecting it now shows a blank white page and not the booklets I was so happily scrolling through on JRemote.

Is anyone else using this feature? Is anyone else experiencing this bug in 3.09?

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
3.08 added the ability to to view PDFS files.....

Is anyone else using this feature? Is anyone else experiencing this bug in 3.09?

It takes a while to load the files, but it is working for me. I miss the paper clip but I cannot remember if it loaded faster.

It is good to get the album art size corrected but now it appears the alphabet paging feature on the right side of the window has been replaced with about 24 microscopic dots. I think I much prefer the legible letters.

The album art size fix works for me but I also prefer legible letters to dots. It would be good to see this feature return in a later version. I believe that the paper clip to display assets is also returning in the next version.

On the subject of displaying assets (jpeg and pdf) I find that this works very unreliably. I have followed the instructions provided at JRiver Interact to the letter and yet JRemote very often fails to see these files and provide an option to display them. I recognise that this might have something to do with my setup as I run JPlay and HighEnd Audiophile Optimizer with JRiver Media Center. If I post anything with mention of JPlay or Audiophile Optimizer, it is immediately deleted from JRiver Interact. Perhaps someone might offer advice regarding asset display through this forum?

It takes a while to load the files, but it is working for me. I miss the paper clip but I cannot remember if it loaded faster.

So when you first open the files are they blank white pages? Do they eventually load?

Frank Zappa
It is good to get the album art size corrected but now it appears the alphabet paging feature on the right side of the window has been replaced with about 24 microscopic dots. I think I much prefer the legible letters. They did not take up that much screen space.

Also, there is still no way to delete an album from a playlist. This is a feature that would be nice to have.

+1

That was one feature that I used the most, please bring it back, and also the big letter in center of the screen while scrolling.

I will have to try again and see if they will load. Previously viewing the files was immediate.

Frank Zappa
Yes!

And that was the issue. When I first opened a couple of the PDF files and saw the white screen I immediately thought there was a problem and closed them. Waiting several seconds and the PDFS files do open and appear. So the "issue" is simply the time it takes to load the files in 3.09 when 3.08 loaded immediately.

Frank Zappa
Think there is just a one way to do this, load a playlist, delete the album (needs to be deleted song by song) and save again...

I now realize we were not talking about the same thing. I don't save "playlists." I was referring to "Playing Now" list.

I have now encountered another issue deleting tracks from "Playing Now" using JRemote. I can only delete one, or sometimes two, tracks without crashing the program. Has anybody else had this problem? I am running JRemote 3.09 on iPad mini, latest JRiver 19 on CAPS Zuma, and files are on a remote NAS over a wired network.