IGNORED

Albinoni: Oboe Concertos -Heinz Holliger - anything better?

Hello,

I've just found this record and to my newbie classical ear sound pretty good and I like the performance as well, but question to more classical warms if I should look also for something better maybe?

Albinoni: Oboe Concertos | Tomaso Albinoni par Heinz Holliger – Télécharger et écouter l'album

0002894271112_300.jpg

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Hello,

I've just found this record and to my newbie classical ear sound pretty good and I like the performance as well, but question to more classical warms if I should look also for something better maybe?

Albinoni: Oboe Concertos | Tomaso Albinoni par Heinz Holliger*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15247[/ATTACH]

I also found this one:

Albinoni: Concertos Op.9 Nos.1-12 | Tomaso Albinoni par Andrew Manze*– Télécharger et écouter l'album

0002894581292_300.jpg

It is of course another Opus, but probably the sound is even better. Now, what is more respectable?

None of these have any pdf liner notes, which is pity.

--

Krzysztof Maj

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Depends on what you mean by better. Samples of the Holliger seems to sound a little better than the Hogwood. But listening to samples on the computer seldom tells the whole story.

On the other hand, picking the pieces purely based on sound quality seems a little backwards. For me, the Op.9 contains some of the most beautiful adagios ever written. I'd go for that. But from the samples,the Hogwood seems to be a little rushed, robbing it of some of the atomsphere. My personal favorite is the I Musici version, again with Holliger. And as bonus, this version also include the famous Adagio in G minor. There is also a double album with I Musici doing Op.5 contained with the Berlin Chamber Orchestra Op.7 above. You can pick that up too.

Depends on what you mean by better. Samples of the Holliger seems to sound a little better than the Hogwood. But listening to samples on the computer seldom tells the whole story.

On the other hand, picking the pieces purely based on sound quality seems a little backwards. For me, the Op.9 contains some of the most beautiful adagios ever written. I'd go for that. But from the samples,the Hogwood seems to be a little rushed, robbing it of some of the atomsphere. My personal favorite is the I Musici version, again with Holliger. And as bonus, this version also include the famous Adagio in G minor. And if you like that, I Musici has Op.5 + Op.7 also. You can pick that up too.

Ah, old Philips recordings! Thanks so much, I will check them for sure.

--

Krzysztof Maj