IGNORED

Article: The TIDAL HIFI Revolution Starts Today

Signing up and ready for the Aurender server and iPad software upgrades which integrate Tidal streaming. Aurender demonstrated WiMP (Tidal here) in their private room at RMAF.

Planning to demonstrate this here very soon.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

So are you saying that Aurender will be integrating Tidal into their server software (after demoing the integration at RMAF) or that they have already done so? If they have not done so yet, do you know how soon this is coming?

Yes. As of this morning they have put pre-release upgrades of the firmware on the X100L and W20 here, and I am awaiting the companion iPad app that puts it all together. I am told that for the time being only the X100 upgrade works with Tidal, which I will demonstrate during next weekend's open house.

Their iPad app easily toggles between music stored locally and that from Tidal, so your playlists can include both. You can search on any field, including composer and conductor, which are important to classical music listeners. With Tidal streaming selected there are tabs to view recommendations, genres, moods, and new and recommended playlists.

Brian Walsh

Music Direct

So are you saying that Aurender will be integrating Tidal into their server software (after demoing the integration at RMAF) or that they have already done so? If they have not done so yet, do you know how soon this is coming?

Regarding the release date of the firmware and iPad app upgrades, they estimate around the end of the year. Naturally they can't come soon enough.

Brian Walsh

Music Direct

I tried to reply to your message earlier today but for some reason it didn't show up.

The short answer is yes, they are doing so, and the final release of the updates to the firmware and iPad app are targeted for around the end of the year. By early next week I should have things going here with pre-release versions. If people are interested I can post screen captures of the iPad app showing the integration, but I don't know if that would be allowed.

Brian Walsh

Music Direct