IGNORED

Article: The TIDAL HIFI Revolution Starts Today

Guess I should add I was playing using the mac app on my mini and my dac

Same problem here also. Have 2010 Mac Mini (Maverick) and attempted to connect by choosing my Esoteric K-03 in preference settings. Then chose my Bel Canto RefLink in preferences and received the same message when choosing to play a track. In either case, the DAC is not making a handshake with the Tidal program, as the LED in the DAC continues to blink waiting for a signal.

Plays just fine after downloading the Tidal app to my iPhone.

Music Server Operating System: 2010 Mac Mini OS X 10.9.5 (Maverick); Preferred Digital Interface(s): USB, FireWire, S/PDIF Coaxial (RCA); Digital to Analog Converter(s): Esoteric K-03; Esoteric DV50S, Bel Canto RefLink; Preamplifier: Rowland Synergy IIi, Class'e SSP-800; Amplifier(s); Rowland M312, Bryston 6BSST; Loudspeakers: Avalon Indra's, B&W Signature 805's, Kharma Ceramique Center, Kharma Ceramique Sub; Miscellaneous: Amarra 4.2, OWC Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 HDD (12TB)

I sent an email to Tidal support just before I brought it up here. I just heard back from Colin at Tidal telling me it was a system problem that was now fixed and that I should restart and try it again. Sure enough I'm back up and running with the desktop app on my mac through my dac. I'm impressed with the quick turnaround to my problem. Nice job Tidal!

Music is sounding great again!

If you had something to do with the fix..kudos! Looks like they figured out that some with OSX had to update their Adobe Flash Player to connect properly. When I went back to re-launch and chose a track to play, a window popped up asking me to upgrade Flash Player. All is good now. Have already began comparing to identical 96K tracks from HD Tracks for SQ. Should be interesting.

Music Server Operating System: 2010 Mac Mini OS X 10.9.5 (Maverick); Preferred Digital Interface(s): USB, FireWire, S/PDIF Coaxial (RCA); Digital to Analog Converter(s): Esoteric K-03; Esoteric DV50S, Bel Canto RefLink; Preamplifier: Rowland Synergy IIi, Class'e SSP-800; Amplifier(s); Rowland M312, Bryston 6BSST; Loudspeakers: Avalon Indra's, B&W Signature 805's, Kharma Ceramique Center, Kharma Ceramique Sub; Miscellaneous: Amarra 4.2, OWC Mercury Elite Pro Qx2 HDD (12TB)