IGNORED

Article: The TIDAL HIFI Revolution Starts Today

I signed up today and was really enjoying the sound earlier this morning. Now I'm stuck with no sound and the message at the top of the screen of "Track not valid" each time I select something to play. Has anyone else had this happen and were you able to get the music to start again?

I signed up today and was really enjoying the sound earlier this morning. Now I'm stuck with no sound and the message at the top of the screen of "Track not valid" each time I select something to play. Has anyone else had this happen and were you able to get the music to start again?

Guess I should add I was playing using the mac app on my mini and my dac

I'm having the problem with the standalone app but *not* with the web player (in Chrome) - listening now.

Probably teething pains.

I sent an email to Tidal support just before I brought it up here. I just heard back from Colin at Tidal telling me it was a system problem that was now fixed and that I should restart and try it again. Sure enough I'm back up and running with the desktop app on my mac through my dac. I'm impressed with the quick turnaround to my problem. Nice job Tidal!

Music is sounding great again!

I tried PM 1.89 but need to do some more troubleshooting. Got it working but am experiencing intermittent pops etc. Went back to using the Tidal mac client with no issues there for me. I tried it on a Yosemite partition so may try Mavericks that is relatively clean still. Don't know if 2.0 would change the results but maybe will try a demo version.

Also tried Amarra sQ but that has never worked for me and Sonic Studio has not responded to my support request on that which does not do anything to lessen my growing frustration with them. The issue is sQ intermittently screeches. Amarra and other uses of my Metric Halo DAC do not have issues during playback once you get playback going ie the ongoing problems with loading files into the playlist from my SDXC card file source.

Anyway, my initial impression so far (including with PM Playthrough) is that Tidal music sounds good but not on par with playing my ripped files via my sw players. More discussion and digging is needed to see if and how the playback sound quality can be optimized further. Am glad to see from Chris's post that it's showing bit perfect. Really like the selection ie catalog so I'm planning on continuing my subscription.

Best,

Steve

I was able to get Tidal working through PM 2.02 in Playthrough mode but it crashes after about 15-20 minutes each time I try it (which were many). I've contacted PM support but until I hear something, I'm done with the play-crash-restart PM routine. I've been playing the desktop app through my mac mini/ Directstream setup.