IGNORED

Article: The TIDAL HIFI Revolution Starts Today

Interesting service. The IOS client is one of the best I've seen. Good SQ. Now if they would just integrate it with SONOS it would be a better value proposition for those of us with SONOS systems.

I've been using it on my Sonos for some time. If you don't see it as a Sonos app, I'm sure it will be there soon.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Can anyone tell me what the bandwidth requirement is for Tidal to play smoothly at full res?

My rural DSL maxes out at about 4.5Mbps (and that's if none of our kids are home hogging it with Netflix or YouTube).

You should be OK. Full WAV files are 1.411 Mbps. TIDAL uses FLAC and squeezes this down 20-50% frequently.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

OK, if I understand this, I use the Mac app. But, then, I'm not using Audirvana or other similar software. Does the Tidal Mac app, bypassing iTunes and the Mac dac, not need an application such as Audirvana to 'make it sound better'?

This will be an entire new conversation I'm sure.

I just tested both the new Mac app and the web client through Chrome and both tested bit perfect.

Hi Chris, Could you please start a new thread for "Tidal Streaming Problems" and use your pull with them to get them to monitor it. I see here that several people (including me) have had streaming issues since the rollout. I have submitted a support request on it but it is not yet resolved. Maybe a thread here would give them a better idea of where the difficulty lies. Thanks, Bob

PS: I suspect that they are overwhelming their server capacity but that is just a guess.

A and you shall receive -> http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/official-tidal-hifi-streaming-issues-thread-22260/