IGNORED

Article: The TIDAL HIFI Revolution Starts Today

• 2 weeks later...
I have looked for a Tidal Squeezebox app on mysqueezebox.com and didn't find it. Any word on if it will be added? I have been using WiMP (singed up via vpn) and it works beautifully with squeezebox Touch. I would love to have the slightly cheaper US version for which I would be able to read all of the editorial commentary (I currently see it in German.) But, I am reluctant to give up the Squeezebox compatibility.

There is a solution coming. It will be a plug-in controlled by a third-party app. Will be sweet. Just around the corner.

I have had a nightmare trying to get Tidal today. They sent me a VIP (30 day trial with cc info) email but when I attempted to re-read the details after registering they told me I am already registered and could then do nothing. They sent me two more emails that were basically "why haven't you finished the process" and I kept trying to tell them via reply emails. Now they have my latest rant (finally got through and they reduced my offer to standard 7 day) in their ticket system. Not impressed so far but they have more issues than me on this first day (nor am I hyped about spending $20/mo but that's me; I have typically used these services for purchase previews so I need to change my approach if I am to justify the $$ ..).

Hi, Ted. Send me your username as a private message here and I'll help you out.

Thanks, Fred.

I checked 5 or 6 of these and found that they were also grayed out in the US offering. I'm keeping track of how many low resolution titles show up in my own musical selections, now.

I wonder if these items will be ultimately be upgraded to full resolution? Has Wimp/Tidal made any statement on this?

Yes, we have. We are constantly chasing record labels to redeliver music in lossless. All major labels and professionalized aggregators are of course delivering this. However, some smaller labels have a longer turnaround time to fix their delivery and get it to us. Sometimes, big artists released stuff that's on smaller labels early in their careers. We have a team of label chasers here but being notified of what's missing is always a big help. So, thanks guys for that list.

Pål from TIDAL.