IGNORED

Article: The TIDAL HIFI Revolution Starts Today

Please let us know if this works. I've been trying to figure out how to get TIDAL to work with JPlay (Windows 7, one PC, Xtreme mode). I tried the JRiver WDM driver, but I get skips and garbled sound.

The JRiver WDM driver without JPlay seems to work fine, but the sound is not as good as JPlay.

How to use ASIO from Tidal player for Windows Users:

Like many here I use a dual PC setup with JRMC 19 and JPLAY with control PC and Audio PC. I have been able to test (on my laptop at least) the following configuration with the Tidal app being able to stream via ASIO out to JPLAY. Here is how:

1) Download (it is a payed tool) WDM ASIO Link or the WDM ASIO Link Pro (WDM ASIO Link Driver Pro - Linking Windows Audio to ASIO and the network)

2) Install the Tidal App

3) Select the virtual WDM audiocard installed by the WDM ASIO Link (it will install 4 virtual devices)

4) Within the ASIO control panel for (ASIO Link Pro) you will be able to select your output device - in my case JPLAY (already configured). I have also tested going direct ASIO out to my GeekOut and this works, as well as the JRiver Virtual ASIO driver.

5) detailed instructions are available here: http://midithru.net/Content/The%20WDM%20Asio%20Link%20Driver%20v2.1.pdf

Tonight (time permitting) I will try at home with my dualPC setup

I have Tidal playing now thru JPlay using the JRiver MC 20 WDM driver. I think your problem is trying to use the Xtreme mode of JPlay which is not supported for streaming (only for local playback). In Win 7 try River or Beach. In Win 8 Ultrastream works the best. I have both a Win 7/32 and a Win 8/64 machine and have tested it on both and works great at these settings. Also, make sure that JRiver MC 20 is updated. There were some problems reported with the first build to have the WDM driver. Good luck!!

Thanks for the tips. I tried it and was able to get JPlay to work using the JRiver WDM drivers, but as you mentioned, it only works with Beach or River engines. The "problem" now is that Xtreme sounds the best on my system :(