IGNORED

TIDAL in the US TODAY!!!

Blaven: buy an iPad app called Screens. It's pretty good. I use it with my iPads to control a Mac mini. It uses gestures mainly like the touchpad. I think it will work with your MBP.

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

Actually my dac seems to be reporting everything at 24.192. Wonder why that is. Perhaps an expert can explain. It's beyond my capability.

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.

Can someone please play Tiny Dancer by Elton John from Madman Across the Water. Why is my dac reporting 24.192 (which is impossible).

The TIDAL client follows Audio MIDI (in OS X), so your DAC will display whatever sample rate is currently set in Audio MIDI.

To prove this, I listened to a track in 192/24 thru JRiver Media Center, then stopped playback and went over to TIDAL and queued up "Tiny Dancer". Sure enough, 192/24 - same as what remained set in Audio MIDI. But if you manually set Audio MIDI to 44.1k, then your DAC will display 44.1k.

So it's not really possible directly to determine what is being streamed - but I'm sure it's 44/16.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

All I've found is their web/Chrome player. Anyone with a link to download desktop app?

Also agree guys, upper and lower freq. seems to be thin.

Thanks

Chris

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Not sure if there is anything i can do but whenever i am straming with the desktop app and browsing the internet, everytime i go to a new page the streaming get intereupted for a short time or the music skips really fast but it is becoming annoying.

any ideas?

thanks

Not sure if there is anything i can do but whenever i am straming with the desktop app and browsing the internet, everytime i go to a new page the streaming get intereupted for a short time or the music skips really fast but it is becoming annoying.

any ideas?

thanks

Sounds like

1/ The speed of your internet connection.

2/ The quality of you internal wireless network and router.

I get 18meg download and running an Apple Airport Extreme no issues with three of us doing different things.

The mac mini doing the streaming is also connected to the router via ethernet.

How are you connected?

Get an internet speed testing app and also a wireless network signal app, plenty of free ones.

Check your wireless signal strength and ensure you channel is not clashing with a neighbour's.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

thanks for the advice

It could be a resource issue on your machine, in addition to what keeper suggested I'd also try rebooting and only opening the Tidal app and then the browser. I'd also make sure you don't have bandwidth or resource intensive programs running in the background, e.g. software update, p2p, AV scan, backup, etc.

hi palbratelund: TIDAL sounds great as good or 'better' than Qobuz-I signed up immediately as a VIP subscriber but did not get a 30 day free trial only 7 days- can you help? Also have noticed the 'QUANTITY' is not as much as Qobuz for example if i type RHINO RECORDS on search in Qobuz i get 65000+ songs/5200+albums/139 artists and I am listening to the entire 65000 songs in a single playlist right now-if I do same with TIDAL I get next to NOTHING- is this just a startup problem or don't you have access to RHINO"S library yet?

thanks bobbmd

It will sound GREAT/ I use amarra SQ to schiit gungnir to my system-AND fyi Qobuz sounds just as good and to JHWALKER i read ALL the info from Qobuz in English I have my browser translate it even the emails and the mag they send me

bobbmd

Have ve you set your preferences?

I get my emails from them in English and they have an English Twitter account.

just the main help pages in French which is frustrating.

Setup:

Lumin D2> Roksan Blak> Focal 806

• 2 weeks later...

Re sound quality compared to Audirvana Plus 1.5.10 on rMBP ... I listen mostly to classical, and some of the TIDAL material sounds excellent. Generally though my own WAV files with A+ sound quite a bit better. I think it's harder to assess the sound quality with pop music, but I'm finding the treble on TIDAL pop music kind of in your face.

I also had this problem with TIDAL switching from my USB DAC to the rMBP internal speakers for no good reason. I had to set my default device in system preferences to my USB DAC. This shouldn't be necessary. It's definitely a bug.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's