IGNORED

TIDAL in the US TODAY!!!

Is there a remote app?

I wish. And to make matters worse, unfortunately the Apple physical remote does not work with Tidal.

If Tidal comes up with a remote app and Audirvana updates its software to allow use with Tidal, we would be set!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Jriver version 20.0.27 on Windows can be used as a sound card. Set the default audio device to Jriver in sound (Control Panel) to 44.1kHz 16 bit.

Play tidal through the browser or whatever app they use as normal, Jriver can take care of ASIO between itself and the DAC. Additionally, DRC can also be routed through Jriver if desired.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Hello,

Anyone have success with Tidal and Squeezebox Touch?

Thanks,

pb-

Hi, PB (same initials as me!) - we have WiMP HiFi working on Squeezebox but that is based on our old Thrift-based API. We have since moved on and all our clients and new partners are on e JSON-based API that's much better. I guess Logitech would have switched if it wasn't for that they have discontinued the product (such a shame!). I have been emailing with their last standing service engineer who is a top bloke but it seems like a big stretch to put up a new service and switch to a whole new API as part of "maintenance" :)

But we are also discussing with the guys at ickStream, many of which were part of the original Mysqueezebox team. We might come up with a third party solution. The great thing then would be that it could be controlled directly from our TIDAL apps.

So don't sell that gear just yet. :)

PÅL (WiMP/TIDAL)

i am having issues the hifi option under settings is not available on my desktop version. anybody having the same issue? not sure whats wrong

Hi, Maelob. You need to use Chrome to get that option. Should say just below the settings when you try to change it in Safari and the others. Chrome let's us handle memory and security properly in a way the others won't just yet. Pål from TIDAL.

I registered this morning and see that I can do offline on three devices: the question is: how many Macs can I download the application to under the same account?

Hi, Steve. You can have the clients on as many Macs, PCs, tablets and phones as you like and login everywhere. But you can only have one device hold the "streaming rights" at a given time. You can get them to play simultaneously but it will soon after ask you which on you would like to carry on playing with. It's just so the music doesn't stop everywhere all the time.

So for streaming, you can be generous with yourself as to where to have it.

When it comes to offline, there is only three devices that can be authorised at any time.

Notice also, folks, that if you change your phone or tablet or need to reinstall - you can do a full restore of your offline. Just select which device to restore from. So if you had Android and just bought the new iPhone 6, you could get all your offline content with you with just one press-and-wait.

Is there a 30-day free trial? I only see 7 days.

Any thoughts on the library for jazz and classical? (I haven't signed up yet.)

What's the cell data usage for streaming cd-quality? How much of my data plan will be eaten up by listening to a half-hour of music?

Hi, Moosbrugger. There is a 7 day trial. We see no indications in our logs that this is too little. People play like crazy the first days :)

As for data usage. Average data rate is somewhere between 650-1100kbps on average so we normally recommend a 2 mbps stable line to make room for some emails, packet loss and headroom. Albums are normally 2-400 MBs. So for mobile use, a lot of our users are lean heavy on offline mode. Which is ok.

Pål from TIDAL.

where is the link for 30 day trial...that sounds better than 7 day trial...

The email I got from TIDAL had a link. I signed up and gave them my paypal info (can do Visa/MC as well I think). They will not charge me until end of Nov, I can cancel anytime between now and then without getting charged.

However, I am LOVING IT. I will not cancel anytime soon.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

If Tidal comes up with a remote app and Audirvana updates its software to allow use with Tidal, we would be set!

On an iPad or iPhone you could in principle run the iOS app and AirPlay to your device. We are talking CD quality bandwidth here (~1-2 mbps) so as long as your wireless network is decent this should work. If on mac mini you could run the native app and control over Screens or similar.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Has anyone seen any explanation of how TIDAL is receiving the music? Do they download it from the music label or??? Certainly they're not paying hundreds of people to sit there and rip a Cd so how are they doing it? I'm just curious.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I am signing up and have the good people at Aurender working to provide me with updates to the server and iPad software which will integrate Tidal streaming into the iPad app for a singular, consistent user interface...going from Aurender to Tidal or the other way for searching and playback couldn't be easier. I intend to demonstrate all of this at my next open house.

I anticipate having the pre-release firmware upgrade on the X100L and iPad app for demo by the end of this week. The W20 upgrade will come with the final release, which should be soon.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

Has anyone seen any explanation of how TIDAL is receiving the music? Do they download it from the music label or??? Certainly they're not paying hundreds of people to sit there and rip a Cd so how are they doing it? I'm just curious.

I can't wait for the RMAF videos of my Future of HiFi seminar. This and many other questions were addressed.

TIDAL receives truckloads of hard drives from record labels to ingest into its system.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

@palbratelund:

Does Tidal have any plans to release a remote control app?

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

I can't wait for the RMAF videos of my Future of HiFi seminar. This and many other questions were addressed.

TIDAL receives truckloads of hard drives from record labels to ingest into its system.

Oh cool. Can't wait!

WOW! That must be awesome. I know I'd be giggly over it.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Is Tidal transcoding these files or doing any additional normalization, processing, etc.? Or do they have to make available what the labels send them?

Hi, Moosbrugger. There is a 7 day trial. We see no indications in our logs that this is too little. People play like crazy the first days :)

As for data usage. Average data rate is somewhere between 650-1100kbps on average so we normally recommend a 2 mbps stable line to make room for some emails, packet loss and headroom. Albums are normally 2-400 MBs. So for mobile use, a lot of our users are lean heavy on offline mode. Which is ok.

Pål from TIDAL.

There are several people mentioning a 30 day trial. I will try it with a 30 day trial, but not sure i will bother for a 7 day one. Some people in this thread even mention seeing both, and doing the 30 day trial...so it is out there somewhere?

Can someone that did the 30 day trial please share a link???