IGNORED

TIDAL in the US TODAY!!!

44.1 now. Higher resolutions in the future. Tidal has tested higher resolutions without problems. It's only a matter of time.

Wonder if that's when they will drop the hammer and charge more dough. Ugh, I hate that type of thing.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Wonder if that's when they will drop the hammer and charge more dough. Ugh, I hate that type of thing.

I didn't see any mention of the price when I signed up this morning for the trial, but I seem to remember reading that it would be $19.99/month here in the US. Considering I use Spotify primarily for discovery rather than critical listening, Tidal needs to be something special as it is to spend double what I'm spending now. To spend more than $19.99/month for higher resolution files, I'd probably demand some specific file / recording provenance.

edit: I am surprised at just how reliable and stable Tidal has proven to be so far today.

Play some Philip Glass. You won't be able to tell it's out of sync.

I think their database needs tweaking. I didn't realise until now that Mr Glass spelt his christian name with only one " l " in the middle.

Tidal appear to spell it both with 1l & 2l's

Previously I have been anti-streaming. But a 30 day trial of Wimp changed my tune forever and now I am currently paying monthly. A heretic recants!

" The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge." Daniel.J.Boorstin

i am having issues the hifi option under settings is not available on my desktop version. anybody having the same issue? not sure whats wrong

Just a thought: maybe there is logic to check if your Internet connection is fast enough? If not, it disables "hi-fi"?

Total shot in the dark - mine defaulted to hi-fi.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I don't mind paying a premium for lossless but 20 bucks a month is too high .

That's a 100 % increase or double Spotify's price which is encoded at 320 .

I think 15 bucks a month I would go for it .

With Spotify's new family plan I have 3 accounts on my plan for 20 bucks a month .

I like the service but it's not worth double Spotify .

I have looked for a Tidal Squeezebox app on mysqueezebox.com and didn't find it. I have been using WiMP (singed up via vpn) and it works beautifully with squeezebox Touch (I just had to tell mysqueezebox.com that I lived in Germany so the app would appear.) I would love to have the slightly cheaper US version for which I would be able to read all of the editorial commentary (I currently see it in German.) But, I am reluctant to give up the Squeezebox compatibility.

Any word on Squeezebox Touch compatibility?

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

I am signing up and have the good people at Aurender working to provide me with updates to the server and iPad software which will integrate Tidal streaming into the iPad app for a singular, consistent user interface...going from Aurender to Tidal or the other way for searching and playback couldn't be easier. I intend to demonstrate all of this at my next open house.

Brian Walsh

Analog Expert / Showroom Manager

Music Direct

i am having issues the hifi option under settings is not available on my desktop version. anybody having the same issue? not sure whats wrong

I have Hifi showing just fine. I signed up though (with a 30-day trial period) rather than what other people seem to be saying (i.e. a no commitment 7-day or similar). Why would you bother with that if you can sign up an cancel before the first payment?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

I have Hifi showing just fine. I signed up though (with a 30-day trial period) rather than what other people seem to be saying (i.e. a no commitment 7-day or similar). Why would you bother with that if you can sign up an cancel before the first payment?

And BTW... It's is frigging fecking awesome. Simple. Awesome. And when the Aries supports it it will be bliss. Right now I have both my mini and the Aries set up. Once TIDAL is on Aries I will move the mini out of the way.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

I also have the 30 day trial, still not sure whats going on with my computer. i even upgraded my internet speed and still cant get the hifi option, however on my phone is just fine. i guess ill wait to see what they say.

I also have the 30 day trial, still not sure whats going on with my computer. i even upgraded my internet speed and still cant get the hifi option, however on my phone is just fine. i guess ill wait to see what they say.

One thought- if you are you using the TIDAL web player, you can only get HIFI sound level if you are using Google Chrome.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

where is the link for 30 day trial...that sounds better than 7 day trial...

Nope, and my apologies for any impression I may have given to that effect. The quotes just refer to the fact that for some people, "CD quality" is an oxymoron. I personally have no deep religious convictions either way - I've heard sound quality I really enjoyed from CD and from hi res as well.

Many modern CD has exellent quality. I suppose this is due coming high resolution to music production process.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

One thought- if you are you using the TIDAL web player, you can only get HIFI sound level if you are using Google Chrome.

As I know any web browser is not capable bit-to-bit playback through ASIO. Possible exists way connect it via WASAPI?

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature