IGNORED

Is anybody selling HQPlayer/HQ embedded servers?

I'd like to try the SOTM minserver NAA setup..

But I need a simple Linux server/player running HQ player and HQ "embedded"

Is anybody building such a player?

Thanks

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Why do you need "Embedded"? As I recall, that is an OEM sort of thing, and really no different than regular HQP. HQPlayer runs on linux regardless. One can simply install it. Jussi recommends Ubuntu Studio.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Why do you need "Embedded"?

So I can serve up minimserver...

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

I'm thinking.. small NAS running Minimserver> small linux computer like a cubox running HQplayer embedded> SOTM> DAC

I'm thinking.. small NAS running Minimserver> small linux computer like a cubox running HQplayer embedded> SOTM> DAC

I am with you. I hope Sonore can make such a product. It seems Jesus is very good at software side. He should be able to do such a task. BTW, I like SOTM SMS 100.

I am not familiar with exactly what minimserver is. The cubox are ARM based computers. I thought his embedded was for x86 architecture, and I did not see it on his site straightaway. I could be mistaken, but I also wonder if an ARM can do much by way of upsampling, and really do not understand the advantages of this route.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Well exactly Forrest.. it's too difficult for a simple audiofool.. Miska needs to bring a product to market.. load his software up on something, sell it as a working device and make it happen!!!!!

Well exactly Forrest.. it's too difficult for a simple audiofool.. Miska needs to bring a product to market.. load his software up on something, sell it as a working device and make it happen!!!!!

Isn't this why we used to have dealers? :-)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

If I may suggest a simplification...

NAS running Minimserver and HQPlayer embbeded

> SOTM "mini server" network player running NAA

> DAC

I would love to test it myself!

^ Yes!!! If only.. but HQplayer needs to give us clear instructions and a packaged download ( say an app within QNAP) to make it happen.. :)

Look I'm frustrated with the tightness and the lack of easy development frankly.. show me how to do it! (easily)

I have already given detailed instructions on how to use Embedded here.

I doubt that Minimserver and HQPlayer can reside on a NAS like Synology/QNAP because it would not be powerful enough to run HQPlayer's DSP.

In general HQPlayer Embedded must reside on a Linux system whose CPU power varies according to your DSP requirements.

Minimserver can reside on a NAS like Synology or on the same Linux system of HQPlayer Embedded.

On the other hand, a CuBox can be used by HQPlayer as NAA device.

Sorry. I can't follow these instructions. even in English. And wrong (I think). There would be QNAPS powerfull enough. I have one thats an i5 with 10 RAM and can playback 1080p HDTV video..

OK, a powerful QNAP NAS can probably work with HQPlayer Embedded.

Google Translate

This is the traslation link in English. What didn't you understand? It tells you quite clearly what packages have to be installed.

May I remind you that Embedded in given in Linux format only and with NO support (no point to ask Miska). Therefore, it is only for users who are versatile in Linux.

I know of one thing in the works, but not sure if it will use HQP.

There's clearly demand for "audiophile computer shop", with internet sales. For me, it is just too much work in addition to all the software work.

There's at least one company selling computers with HQPlayer Desktop preinstalled (Linux or Windows):

iCAT INC. Japan

(if you'd like to have HQPlayer Embedded installed there, you need to ask them to make such product available)

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

^ LOL Wakarimasen...

^ Can't you just sell em out of your *own* online shop? Heaven forbid.. the thing might actually sell and take off!!

Hire some unemployed kid to load the software onto some small linux based computers for you.. What's the youth unemployment rate in Finland?.

Don't tell the Finish inland revenue about it.. (shhhh we won't tell anyone)... just pay him/her cash commission.. a percentage of every one sold..

In my part of the world kids would kill for a job like that.. Anything value add is a winner...

And develop a QNAP app "HQPLAYER embeded"..and sell it on the QNAP app store!!!

This is insane.. I just DON'T GET you man! Sorry. hahahahhaaha

You've clearly got a great idea. A great software concept. And a potential multiroom product that could potentially crush even Sonos with it's open architecture, different approach, hirez capability, purity, fidelity and simplicity.. You've already got a webstore. And a loyal audience of people that want to spend money on this sort of hobby, all following you from around the world.. You've done 98% of all the hard work and your telling me you can't be bothered to hire some 16 yr old geeky kid to load on some software onto a $50 linux computer for you and ship em out around the world..to pull it off?? Or spend a bit more and develop a QNAP app? All at probably a 100-200% margin..(heck dare I say even more) ?? That it's "too much work".. WTF?? Whatever..

Pay for a Spotify Connect license and preload this as well.... JDI..

Just do it!!!

Pay for a Spotify Connect license and preload this as well.... JDI..

Just do it!!!

Considering it is such a wonderful idea and an easy way to make money, perhaps you could put it into practice. You'd just have the hardware and HQPlayer license cost in each installation. Learn it once and you're good for unlimited iterations.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Well that's very true. Sure. Fair enough!

Jussi is extremely busy...and Finnish business requirements are intense.

Sure.. OK fair enough. So lets get together and design a startup and start shipping em out ourselves..

Q/1 What does an HQPlayer/HQ embedded license cost? Per hardware device sold?

Q/2 What does a Spotify Connect license cost. Per device?

Q/3 How easy is it to put on Spotify connect onto a Linux computer?