IGNORED

Funding? making SACD ripping available through USB!

I want to make sure I understand correctly. If we buy one of these devices, we can connect it via USB to a computer, insert an SACD to the drive in the enclosure and rip an iso of the DSD file on the SACD to the PC (Obviously we'd have to load the proper software on the PC also.)?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• 4 months later...
Signed up, no.332 ;) How's the project coming along?

sacd-ripper

no recent update.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

Mr. Wicked didn't ask us for any money, so we don't have much to complain about. He has a life other than working on this project.

I'm sure at some point he will complete his final prototype and start taking actual orders. At that point we can complain if the devices don't arrive in a reasonable amount of time or as promised at that point.

• 3 months later...
How do I add myself to this list?

go to first post in thread and the links are there

Am I still able to get in on this? Just found a huge SACD collection my grandfather left behind and I desperately need something like this.

Sure, just go to the link at the beginning of the thread and register. It's not yet a product, it's still in development.

Mr. Wicked-

Ignore the naysayers! I'm sure I speak for others when I say we appreciate your efforts and will be happy to pay you for the finished product when it is ready.

• 2 months later...
Hello Mr Wicked. I have just stumbled into this thread. Did you manage to produce the drives? Can they still be ordered and what would be the delivery time?

sacd-ripper

blog occasionally updated. No production yet, apparently it is getting closer.

• 2 months later...
So what am I missing here? I can't seem to find one PS3 with low enough firmware in the local area, to do my own ripping. So how will they get 545+ suitable PS3's for this project?

Try JASON NORTHEASTOHIOPCS <[email protected]>;

Based out of Burton, OH.

if you want a suitable PS3. I haven't bought from him, but he's gotten a good rep on the audiophile forums. Seems like a reasonable guy who cares about selling quality used units. He's up to speed on the whole SACD ripping aspect.

• 3 months later...
The man is not asking for money, so if it takes a few years, fine. I would rather have it sooner rather than later myself, I would far rather buy SACDs than CDs. But...it doesn't make much difference in the long run.

+1. Mr. Wicked apparently is busy with his family and doesn't have time for his hobby. I bet at some point he does get this done. Till then, none of us have lost anything.

• 5 weeks later...

Dr. Wicked does this as a hobby. He hasn't communicated in a while, we're assuming he's too busy with his young family to put time into the hobby. Assumption is that at some point he will get it done.

It costs you nothing to sign up.

• 4 months later...

Originally Dr. Wicked said he would go ahead with this project if 150 people "committed" to buying one. No money was actually sent to him, interested users just added names to a list promising to buy one if he succeeded and it came to market.

Dr. Wicked does this as a hobby. Apparently with his growing family, he's given up on the project for the past year. I expect that at some point he will get back to it.

I didn't realize that along with having a family, Mr. Wicked had taken advantage of the time to further his education! ;)

Good one. Have no idea why I wrote that.