IGNORED

Funding? making SACD ripping available through USB!

I like the idea because my PS3 is beyond flakey, however I would prefer to support you through kickstarter. I am a fan of your work and follow your (and Ted's and Jesus's) formula for DSF extraction. However what you propose, us pay now to help you get funded, could be throwing away money if you decide later to pull the plug.

To give this a more positive note, I am interested and if you go kickstarter I am in.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Fun: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (JRMC) SOtM USB > Lynx Hilo > EAR 834L

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Digital Disc: Oppo BDP 95 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

Phones: EAR 834L > Little Dot Mk ii > Senheiser HD 800

I'm in - signed up on your web page.

for the Mac crowd, I saw where there is already an offering for the Mac platform, requires Maverick.

Analog: Koetsu Rosewood > VPI Aries 3 w/SDS > EAR 834P > EAR 834L: Audiodesk cleaner

Digital Serious: DAS > CAPS v3 w/LPS (HQPlayer) Ethernet > SMS-100 NAA > Lampi DSD L4 G5 > EAR 834L

Output: EAR 834L > Xilica XP4080 DSP > Odessey Stratos Mono Extreme > Legacy Aeris

• 2 weeks later...
Was $10,000 USD for the license , and your design had to retain the encryption such that the number of DSD channel bit-streams could not be exposed/rendered externally in .dff form.

Sounds about right. Think about it, every SACD player made had to be able to read, decrypt, and convert the DSD information to an analog signal - it seems logical that Sony would have to allow/license this as long as the player's manufacturer doesn't let the digital signal slip out the back.

The key to Mr. Wicked's approach is that he found a kink in the Sony armor with respect to certain PS3 players.This was a unique breakthrough and you have to enjoy the irony - it was Sony's own player that "spilled the beans".

Dear Mr Wicked,

Great idea! Can I ask a stupid question? With a new USB version, is there a chance to modify the ripping process in order to burn sacd-r discs playable in ALL players? I understand that the burning process will also need modification.

Thank you very much!

What does "playable in ALL players" mean? If he created a way to burn SACDs do you have a source for blanks?

• 4 weeks later...

Just to make sure we are all helping the cause, remember that posting here "I'm in" doesn't count. Read the very beginning of this thread and be sure to sign up on Mr. Wicked's web page, I believe this is how he is officially counting support.

• 1 month later...
Mr. Wicked, on the spreadsheet listing those who've signed up, you may want to change/delete the calculation at the top. It now shows negative 38 "more" to go.

And there are a few duplicates in the list - mine was one... sorry :(

• 2 months later...
If one need to get the PS3 that supports SACD to start with, why would they join this project other than they have upgrade to the newer firmware.

Because the old PS3 platform is retired, hard to find, and flaky when it works. Mine worked great when I first got it, now I'm down to one or two rips per day. I look forward to having something more reliable.