IGNORED

Funding? making SACD ripping available through USB!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I noticed from the images on Mr Wicked's BlogSpot that he used Nero's 'InfoTool' to identify the capabilities of the Sony PS3 Blu-ray drives.

I'd be interested to know what ImgBurn reports about the same drive. Which can be found via: Tools -> Drive -> Capabilities

Cheers

PS3 BD.jpg

• 3 months later...
...Question then why not buy an OEM SACD drive like Oppo and adapt it for ripping? Does the OEM drive behave like an IDE drive, maybe not, don't know the answer there. Guess someone would have completed this ages ago by now?

It's been done :).

Could you be a bit more specific?

As far as I understand there are no computer DVD/BD drives that can give you the DSD data stream from an SACD-disc.

I hope I am wrong...?

I'm afraid you're right. Afaik the 80-bit SACD audio encryption hasn't been broken. There have been other developments but because they are none of my business so I can't say more.

• 1 month later...
I expressed serious skepticism on two occasions a year ago about whether this project would ever come to fruition. All of those who reacted in this thread to my skepticism back then boo-hooed what I had to say. Frankly, because it is such a waste of time, I quit checking on the progress of this project months ago -- that is, until just now. And confirming my earlier suspicions, the reality is that next to nothing has happened in the year since my last post. I can't believe people are still signing up. I'll check back again in another year. By then there will probably several hundred more waiting for godot. My advice: don't hold your breath.

I think if Mr Wicked had given up his project then he would have notified that here and on his blog. However, it is another question if it is worth waiting the fruit of Mr Wicked's project for those who want to rip their SACD collection asap. Anyway, I hope Mr Wicked is well.

• 4 months later...