IGNORED

Music that makes you dumb

I just spent a few minutes looking at the detail. Very interesting, and some things that surprised me. Also, who TF are some of those artists?

Mac Mini 5,1 [i5, 2.3 GHz, 8GB, Mavericks] w/ Roon -> Ethernet -> TP Link fiber conversion segment -> microRendu w/ LPS-1 -> Schiit Yggdrasil

I just spent a few minutes looking at the detail. Very interesting, and some things that surprised me. Also, who TF are some of those artists?

Beethoven is an over-weight, lobotomized golden retriever, and Justin BuyBeer is a pseudonym for Frank Sinatra.

• 5 weeks later...
When sorted by genre, Beethoven and Bob Marley are in the same group.

Yes, unless I missed something, Beethoven is the only classical composer to be represented. He is part of the "misc" group together with Bob Marley, "Reggae" and "classical". I don't understand why groups such as reggae and classical are presented on the same footing as members of these groups such as Marley and Beethoven. I understand even less why these groups (reggea and classical) are well to the left (ie dumber) of their most eminent members (Marley and Beethoven).

Furthermore, it seems to me that, while this music preference vs. SAT score correlation might potentially have provided some information if calculated at the individual level, computing it on average SAT scores and ​aggregate musical preferences for entire colleges makes very little sense (if any).

But it is still great fun, I have to admit.