IGNORED

AVR with Network Capability

I have spent a lot of time configuring FOOBAR the way I like and all my media files. Is there a way to have foobar play music files over the network to an AVR (if I buy an AVR that supports wifi)? I don't want to use the AVR interface to play music files, I want to use the foobar interface.

foobar2000: Components Repository - UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point should allow you to do this.

If you have a spare computer (separate from your existing Foobar computer) you could experiment by setting Foobar up on that as a UPnP renderer.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Same poster has a very similar thread, Eloise (well I can't tell the difference, apart from the title):

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/foobar2000-interface-streaming-question-help-please-22092/

It looks a bit more active, so it might be best to post there instead, and scrub this one.

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

The onion guy (I'm going to call you that from now on :-) ) hit the nail on the head. I saw the other thread after posting here...

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.