IGNORED

Mac mini music server and Devialet Air Ethernet issues

I have an upgraded Devialet 250. Prior to the upgrade I used a Simaudio Moon MIND to stream to the Premier D using an AES/XLR cable. After the upgrade I decided to use a dedicated Mac mini as a server and store my music on an external hard drive. I also connected the 250 and Mac mini directly to the router with Cat7. I connected the external hard drive to the Mac Mini with an Audioquest Carbon USB3 cable.

I am experiencing the same white noise/static issues that the PC folks are experiencing on the site. If I use the MIND with the AES/XLR cable then I do not experience any issues at all. I have been in contact with Devialet and in their last communication they thought that upgrading the cables would solve the problem and it didn't. This clearly seems like a Devialet Air issue. I have just emailed them again.

I like the simplicity of using iTunes and the Apple remote. The Moon Mind iPad interface just isn't user friendly at all.

My Devialet is hanging on a wall on the first floor of my home and the music server is in the basement immediately below it about 25 ft away. This is another reason that the Ethernet option was appealing and also using the AES at this distance was not an issue. This distance is an issue though if I wanted to connect via a USB 3 cable. Is there a bit perfect connector for an AES/XLR to use on a Mac mini?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Have you tried using the Wireless networking functionality on the Devialet?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I had the same issue with my Dev 200.. I have my files on a Nas, wired ethernet, Jriver and Jremote.. works fine except for the white noise, which I must say is very infrequent. I didn't try the Dev wireless. I've just bought an Auralic Aries. I didn't do it exclusively because of the white noise issue. I did it as much as I'd rather just able to play my tunes without dealing with the computer..

I've read the Mind sounds great, maybe better/different than the Aries.. Why not just put the tunes on a Nas? How bad can the Mind app be? And isn't Moon aware that it needs some work?

I had the same issue with my Dev 200.. I have my files on a Nas, wired ethernet, Jriver and Jremote.. works fine except for the white noise, which I must say is very infrequent. I didn't try the Dev wireless. I've just bought an Auralic Aries. I didn't do it exclusively because of the white noise issue. I did it as much as I'd rather just able to play my tunes without dealing with the computer..

I've read the Mind sounds great, maybe better/different than the Aries.. Why not just put the tunes on a Nas? How bad can the Mind app be? And isn't Moon aware that it needs some work?

I have not tried the wireless function. After using iTunes with the Apple remote and it's instant responsiveness.....the Mind app is that bad in my opinion!

drdkey,

Have you visited the "Unofficial Devialet Chat Forum"? They have extensive "chats" about your problem.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.