IGNORED

Great tagging on mac? Yate!

miguelito

I was looking for a great tagger, one that would do dsf and everything else, and it would allow me to do batch tagging and scripting. The answer is Yate:

Mac OS X Audio Tagger | Yate | 2ManyRobots

Miguel

PS: They also have a great dff2dsf utility on mac.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

+1 After the trail period I too purchased Yate.

Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Metrum Hex NOS DAC w/Upgraded USB Module-2, UpTone Regen Amber, Pass Labs INT-30A Amplifier, B&W 802 Diamond Speakers, Shotgun Bi-wire Kimber 4TC Cables. Headphone setup: Burson Soloist Amp, Audeze LCD-3 Headphones.

How does Yate compare with Metadatics which seems very similar and is half the price? (Yate 'looks' a bit nicer).

I don't know if Metadatics can tag DSF files, but Yate can (which is critical for me). Both have free trials, so you could try both and see if Yate is worth the extra dinero to you.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

How does Yate compare with Metadatics which seems very similar and is half the price? (Yate 'looks' a bit nicer).

C'mon man... You would buy another solution b/c it's $10 instead of $20? I would simply decide on the features...

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

I don't know if Metadatics can tag DSF files, but Yate can (which is critical for me). Both have free trials, so you could try both and see if Yate is worth the extra dinero to you.

--David

Trudat. DSF is critical. The other app I had for DSF was Tag (mac app store). And the piece of junk kept crashing on me (and ruining my dsf files, btw).

Yate is powerful, has never crashed on me, and can do scripted batch tagging. Can also look up cover art (actually fairly good at it). One cool example: Wanted to make Album Artist = Artist only if Artist is set and Album Artist is not. No problem. Will only save the files changed in the batch. Can do all file types in one go.

Last but not least, 2ManyRobots (the maker) also has a free dff2dsf conversion utility that is great.

Miguel

system pics

Thumbs up to Barry from 2ManyRobots for helping me with a critical issue. Yate and 2manyrobots rock!

Miguel

system pics