IGNORED

HQPlayer and Cubox-i

fabiodeluca

Many many thanks to Bibo and Miska for their precious suggestions!!

The problem was solved connecting the modem/router to the Internet with the ADSL cable.

Immediately HQPlayer recognized the dac!!

Sound is great!!

Apparently the volume is slightly lower than Amarra and A+ (with the same preamp setting)....but who cares: HQPlayer is my favorite player now!

One question: what do I do with the Cubox-i once I turn off everything? Do you suggest to unplug its power cable too or I can leave it on forever?

Regards

Fabio

I'm desperate!!

I turned on everything (Cubox-i, DAC and MacBook Pro) and...nothing!!

DAC is not there anymore in the HQPlayer preferences....the usual errors message (unavailable to open device, etc...)

I did not change anything yesterday night...just switched off.

I tried rebooting Cubox...MacBook Pro, DAC, router in all the possible combination but nothing

Any suggestion Miska, Bibo and Superdad??

Thanks

Fabio

I'm desperate!!

I turned on everything (Cubox-i, DAC and MacBook Pro) and...nothing!!

DAC is not there anymore in the HQPlayer preferences....the usual errors message (unavailable to open device, etc...)

I did not change anything yesterday night...just switched off.

I tried rebooting Cubox...MacBook Pro, DAC, router in all the possible combination but nothing

Any suggestion Miska, Bibo and Superdad??

Thanks

Fabio

All three devices (router, Macbook Pro and Cubox-i) are on the same network as verified per IP Scanner software...see below...

And now?

foto-2 copia.JPG

Bootup order of computers doesn't matter.

But otherwise

1) Turn on DAC

2) Bootup Cubox

3) Start HQPlayer

Notice that if Mac has firewall enabled and it asks whether HQPlayer should be allowed to access network, it is not going to work, because the response packets coming from NAA get lost while waiting for user to respond to the dialog.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Bootup order of computers doesn't matter.

But otherwise

1) Turn on DAC

2) Bootup Cubox

3) Start HQPlayer

Notice that if Mac has firewall enabled and it asks whether HQPlayer should be allowed to access network, it is not going to work, because the response packets coming from NAA get lost while waiting for user to respond to the dialog.

Miska I do not have firewall activated and the proof is that yesterday miraculously everything worked...but only for one hour

I'm so desperate I cannot get back that SQ again...:-(

Any other suggestion?

Thanks

Fabio

Miska I do not have firewall activated and the proof is that yesterday miraculously everything worked...but only for one hour

I'm so desperate I cannot get back that SQ again...:-(

Any other suggestion?

In case the microSD got messed up for some reason, you could try to re-create it from the image. At least it's fairly simple thing to try.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers