IGNORED

Marantz NA8005 Or...

The Marantz UK disclaimer re wireless is yet another example of their complete inability to move with the times

Can you please point me to that disclaimer?

Thanks!

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

..could it be that simple??

Maybe it is as simple as the Aires and Pioneers have beaten them to it???

And they haven't figured it out yet...

...then again it's been pointed out the AVR's do it wireless right??

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Can you please point me to that disclaimer?

Thanks!

Can I use WiFi with Marantz Components?

Can I use WiFi with Marantz Components?

The current Marantz network products are not WiFi-compatible by themselves and cannot be integrated into a W-LAN network.

In the accessories trade, WiFi adapters are available that can be connected to the device vie LAN cable and a connection established with the router via WiFi. This allows Marantz components to also be operated in a network where no fixed LAN connection is available.

One of the manufacturers of WiFi bridges such as this is the company Netgear, whose product, the WNCE1022-100PES has functioned in diverse applications without problem. However, we can provide no warranty for future developments.

Just one more headphone and I know I can kick this nasty little habit !

^ LOL. That is a ridiculous statement IMHO. OMG.. just test it and support it. If not: then stick in your *own* 99c wireless card.. Heck it can be done with the $29.95 Raspberry Pi. Why not in a $1000 piece of hifi? In any case another brand in the very same company can do it. (the Denon)

Nah.. Note to self: Forget it. Just move on Wap to the Pioneers :)

Nah.. Note to self: Forget it. Just move on Wap to the Pioneers :)

Not sure why the angst on this. If you want a Marantz streamer then just budget in an Apple AirPort Express and off you go. All if their receivers have needed this until just recently and its never been an issue for customers.

David

I've always had a bit of an allergy / paranoia about Ethernet over power - we spend a long time looking to "perfect" the quality of the power supply for our HiFi; yet Ethernet over power is deliberately "infecting" it with noise.

Eloise

Perhaps it (Marantz N1604 & Paradigm 5se) is noisy but it sure sounds a pretty good compared to 15 year old Yamaha speakers on a PC . In fact I would say EOP sounds better than playing direct through a disc player. But the system is primarily used for American Football so the listening tends to loud over quality.

chris

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

Not sure why the angst on this. If you want a Marantz streamer then just budget in an Apple AirPort Express and off you go. All if their receivers have needed this until just recently and its never been an issue for customers.

Sorry. Remind me how this will handle 24/192 and DSD again??? And how you set this up ???

Sorry. Remind me how this will handle 24/192 and DSD again??? And how you set this up ???

Sorry, didn't realize there was a DSD component to this. Guess it won't work for that.

It handles 24/192 easily by playing back 24/192 files stored on a computer through Ethernet Upnp. You simply use the AirPort to wirelessly extend your network and use the Ethernet out on AirPort Express into the Ethernet port on any Maranz streamer.

Pretty simple actually.

David

Sorry, didn't realize there was a DSD component to this. Guess it won't work for that.

It handles 24/192 easily by playing back 24/192 files stored on a computer through Ethernet Upnp. You simply use the AirPort to wirelessly extend your network and use the Ethernet out on AirPort Express into the Ethernet port on any Maranz streamer.

Pretty simple actually.

By the way, I have never met someone in person that cares about DSD. Only on forums. I have a pretty good number of long long time audiophiles that I know and not one gives a darn about DSD.

The large majority do care about and use vinyl almost daily I will add.

David

^ Thanks.

No disrespect but I think I'll wait see what the equivalent Denon or Pioneer (with wifi built in ) can do....

Cheers.

Been out to Audio Shows over the past two years or so?

Try to do that next time and look for a gentleman named Philip O'Hanlon. Ask to listen to some DSD2x.

The audiophiles you know, do they listen to SACD?

By the way, I have never met someone in person that cares about DSD. Only on forums. I have a pretty good number of long long time audiophiles that I know and not one gives a darn about DSD.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Been out to Audio Shows over the past two years or so?

Try to do that next time and look for a gentleman named Philip O'Hanlon. Ask to listen to some DSD2x.

The audiophiles you know, do they listen to SACD?

I have SACD's and have listened for sure. Good stuff! Very few of the ones I know listen to SACDS anymore. Still do some I suppose and of course they are listening to DSD I suppose but they seem two have very little if any interest in DSD played off a hard drive.

David

Just for your extensive database, I care dont particularly care about DSD and I havent seriously listened to vinyl since the early 80s - I guess that pretty much excludes me from the audiophile club but that's 100% fine with me. Perfect world, I'd have it all including a vinyl library to rival Fremer's, but like most here I dont live in a perfect world.

Just one more headphone and I know I can kick this nasty little habit !

Just for your extensive database, I care dont particularly care about DSD and I havent seriously listened to vinyl since the early 80s - I guess that pretty much excludes me from the audiophile club but that's 100% fine with me. Perfect world, I'd have it all including a vinyl library to rival Fremer's, but like most here I dont live in a perfect world.

Love to have that collection too. I'm pretty much excluded from that club also, as I sit here typing and listening to Christmas music on Pandora through a SONOS Connect Amp and a pair of $400 bookshelf speakers!

David

SACD is DSD1x + DRM.

If some SACD DSD chips internally do DSD ->PCM conversion, you might be listening to only part of what DSD can provide.

DSD 2x and DSD 4x are much, much better, especially when played through a native DSD DAC (ideally, followed by a SET Tube amp and efficient speakers).

I have SACD's and have listened for sure. Good stuff! Very few of the ones I know listen to SACDS anymore. Still do some I suppose and of course they are listening to DSD I suppose but they seem two have very little if any interest in DSD played off a hard drive.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

It isn't about about putting a component in it to support Wi-Fi as it can easily be done. It is more about what negative effects this can have on the sound. Marantz are rather serious in what they do.

^ LOL. That is a ridiculous statement IMHO. OMG.. just test it and support it. If not: then stick in your *own* 99c wireless card.. Heck it can be done with the $29.95 Raspberry Pi. Why not in a $1000 piece of hifi? In any case another brand in the very same company can do it. (the Denon)