IGNORED

Official OS X Yosemite Thread

Mytek USB drivers won't seem to load under Yosemite.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I found a workaround to get the Mytek USB drivers to load. I had Trim Enabler disable the kext-signing requirement. More details here: http://www.cindori.org/trim-enabler-and-yosemite/. This can be considered a short term fix until Mytek posts drivers that satisfy the kext-signing requirement. It may be a good fix for other drivers that fail to load.

The only reason I had Trim Enabler make this change is because Trim Enable can also turn it back on and I didn't want to mess with Terminal.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

So after the update to Yosemite no trim support for non apple SSD so I tried Trim Enabler and worked great. Well almost witin 12 hours I restarted my CPU few times and then got the grey screen as outlined in the cindori.org etc. So I'm guessing that there is not current patch for this and we will have to wait for permanent fix? So for now I'm running without Trim support so hopefully it will be addressed soon.

Is anyone else using either a Weiss DAC2 or Minerva?

My firewire drivers don't work now and the OS can't see the DAC.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck.

I've emailed Weiss and I'm waiting to hear back.

I'm running a Weiss AFI-1 (firewire only) and have completely lost connection to it.

Yosemite simply can't see it.

What a bummer.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

I'm running a Weiss AFI-1 (firewire only) and have completely lost connection to it.

Yosemite simply can't see it.

What a bummer.

Daniel Weiss wrote me that the DAC2 has a problem with Yosemite which will be fixed by a new driver next week.

Obviousley they are surprised by new OS like every time. Apple seems to gives them only short note.

Digital Sources: MacBook 8GB / 512GB internal SSD, iTunes 12.0.1.26, OS X 10.10 El Capitan, Amarra Symphony iRC 3.0.3 and Pure Music 2.0, Weiss DAC 202 Firewire, Creek Destiny CD,

Analog Sources: Transrotor FatBob Turntable with SME M2-9 tonearm and Benz ACE-L MC cartridge

Preamplification: McIntosh C500T Tube preamplifier; Clearaudio Balance+ Phono preamplifier (balanced);

Power amplifier: McIntosh MC452 Stereo

Loudspeaker: B&W 802 Diamond

Cables:

AC: Audioplan power conditioning and 5x Audioplan Power Cable, 1 Shunyayta power cable, 1 Audio Pro power cable

Kimber KS 1130 XLR between Phonostage and pre-amplifier, Speakercable Kimber 3033 incl. Kimber BiFocal Bi-wiring- adapter, Audiopro Advanced Listening 3 XLR, 1 digital SPDIF cable CD to DAC, Firewire MacBook to DAC Kubala-Sosna,

Accessories: room treated with accoustic elements from r-t-f-s, Hannl Mera Vinyl Record Cleaner; 5x bFly Audioabsorber, Creative equipment rack

Daniel Weiss wrote me that the DAC2 has a problem with Yosemite which will be fixed by a new driver next week.

Obviousley they are surprised by new OS like every time.

Apple seems to gives them only short note.

Daniel Weiss should know better, he is a Pro!

The Yosemite trial has been around for months, so there is no excuse for at least not alerting customers and communities like ours.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

Mmmm, everything seems to play OK on my Mac Mini with the new OS, not sure on sound yet.

But now my Apple remote control will not work and there is no option at all under 'Security & Privacy / General / Advanced' for any infra-red stuff, but these are available on my iMac?

Anyone any ideas?

In answer to my own question and thanks to puremail on the Apple forum

"Downloading and installing the alternative Candelair Controller Driver helps to solve the problem.

Under System Preferences you will find a new icon to configure the IR receiver."

https://www.iospirit.com/labs/candelair/

Dear friends,

I've updated my Imac to Yosemite, and all is running well at the moment, except that I cannot anymore adjust the volume (with the top right loudspeaker icon) like I did before for headphones listening (Audirvana, Itunes integrated mode, Direct mode, Volume limitation 100%... I get volume (based on Audirvana knob setting - in my case Max), but it is at least half the volume I got before churning to Yosemite.

Please do notice that the (system) upper right volume icon is fully operational with whatever other application but Audirvana (V1.5.10)

If you have some hints about this, and how (if possible) to solve, advice very welcome... ;-)

Kind regards from France

Pascal

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

Have found an satisfactory answer by myself, but don't understand why.

In Audirvana Volume settings, I've replaced Mode2 by MBIT+ , and volume is back again at the right level... For me, this means that YOSEMITE might interfere with Audirvana dithering...

Always no impact from core system volume icon, but if I remember well, that was already the case before Yosemite.

Sorry for having made Q&A in a so short time, but if it can help ... ;-)

Imac 27" I5 8Go - El Capitan - Audirvana 2.6.3 & Audirvana Remote - Airfoil 5.1.0 - Streamer/DAC Marantz M CR510 - HiFi Cable Super MaxiTrans 2 - B&W 602 S2

My previous assertion about Applescript being slow was wrong.

The underlying cause in fact is some sort of local DNS bug that has bit me now in two different ways. The first, which is just an annoyance, is that the names of my computers kept changing from Computer to Computer (2) to Computer (3) and so on, every time they awaken and try to re-join the network. My workaround was to assign them static IP addresses in my Airport Extreme.

This one is a little worse.

If I issue a command like this:

curl -s 'http://redeye_f0142-526785.local:8080/redeye/rooms/0/devices/71/commands/send?commandId=612'

It takes 6 or 7 seconds to resolve. Since this is to turn the volume down, it is a big problem.

(Oddly, when the equivalent command is issued from my web browser, it doesn't have this problem, but the server for that page is still running 10.9.5.)

Substituting the numerical static IP address speeds it back up to less than 1 second (how it behaved before the 10.10 upgrade).

I also noticed that every wireless network I joined on two recent trips has been dumped into my iMac's "known network" list and there is no way to turn off this stupid irritating pointless "feature" some twatwaffle at Apple thought I couldn't live with out.

this stupid irritating pointless "feature" some twatwaffle at Apple thought I couldn't live with out.

Sounds like Bill mar be ready to switch teams.

Mac Mini 5,1 [i5, 2.3 GHz, 8GB, Mavericks] w/ Roon -> Ethernet -> TP Link fiber conversion segment -> microRendu w/ LPS-1 -> Schiit Yggdrasil

I also noticed that every wireless network I joined on two recent trips has been dumped into my iMac's "known network" list and there is no way to turn off this stupid irritating pointless "feature" some twatwaffle at Apple thought I couldn't live with out.

There is a checkbox named 'Remember networks this computer has joined' in System Preferences > Network > Wi-Fi > Advanced > Wi-Fi. Have you tried unchecking it?

I'll go back and look. But since that computer never could have joined those networks, the question remains ...

Do you have an iPhone or other iOS device that you took to those locations? iCloud. I notice that my iMac knows all the wifi networks my iPhone has ever connected to.

Does iTunes 12 require Yosemite? Will it also run under Mountain Lion? The reason I ask is that I know from the past that once you allow a new iTunes version to update your media library database files, an older version of iTunes won't open that library. This is a problem for me as I often like to open and update, add ripped or downloaded albums, etc., my master music library from my desktop machine as opposed to doing it on my headless music mini.

I'd like to install and test Yosemite (versus Mavericks) on one of my music computer's spare partitions, and of course I can first back-up the library files on the shared volume. But if I like it, then it may mean I will also have to take the time to jump forward to Yosemite on my desktop machine (still happily running ML). When iTunes 11 came out under Mavericks, it also worked for ML so that was no problem. But I am guessing that is not the case with iTunes 12.

And I don't suppose iTunes 11.x will run under Yosemite, will it?

Thanks in advance.

Does iTunes 12 require Yosemite? Will it also run under Mountain Lion? The reason I ask is that I know from the past that once you allow a new iTunes version to update your media library database files, an older version of iTunes won't open that library. This is a problem for me as I often like to open and update, add ripped or downloaded albums, etc., my master music library from my desktop machine as opposed to doing it on my headless music mini.

I'd like to install and test Yosemite (versus Mavericks) on one of my music computer's spare partitions, and of course I can first back-up the library files on the shared volume. But if I like it, then it may mean I will also have to take the time to jump forward to Yosemite on my desktop machine (still happily running ML). When iTunes 11 came out under Mavericks, it also worked for ML so that was no problem. But I am guessing that is not the case with iTunes 12.

And I don't suppose iTunes 11.x will run under Yosemite, will it?

Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly, I was able to upgrade to ITunes12 while downloading the installer for Yosemite. Try your software updates and see if ITunes12 appears there.

Daniel Weiss should know better, he is a Pro!

The Yosemite trial has been around for months, so there is no excuse for at least not alerting customers and communities like ours.

Open the terminal, then type:

sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

After a reboot it should work.

Regards,

Daniel

Regards,[br]Ray

I don't know about Yosemite, but in Mtn Lion you can untick the checkbox "Remember networks this computer has joined" in OS X Prefs > Network > Advanced > Wi-Fi.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7