IGNORED

Official OS X Yosemite Thread

The same people that are saying that itunes is a PITA are defending A+ witch is areal PITA and a program that needs a lot of work. Look at the first 36 pages on this forum.

All the things you ask from Damian are already included in iTunes for years.

I understand that we need a more open system to play DSD and flacs, and samplerate switching, There is a app for that: A+ 1.5**.

Sorry guys give it a try and don't defent a programm that is iMO beta wile you have something that works and dont looks like a windowsprogam from the Win 95 era.

I like Yosemite icw iTunes and A+ 1.5.10 and i hate A+ 2 standalone version.

Philippe

They defend A+ just because it was developed by one person and hate everything that was developed by more than one person.

o yes he did ; with 2 your player is linked with a db management sw, every file is proxied, and i sure can hear a difference

I'm sure you can't hear a database.

In fact, that is an extraordinary claim, which requires, to paraphrase Carl Sagan, an extraordinary amount of evidence.

The burden of proof is squarely on your shoulders.

Please prove that you can.

Can you also here the difference between database sizes?

Little side comment: if you're like me trying to find the full screen button in the upper right corner: it's gone, and replaced by the green button in the "traffic light" on the upper left corner of the window.

This was one thing I never really understood why they haven't introduced this years ago.

It is retrospectively obvious, but it is also nice to maximize a window without full-screening it. (You can do this holding down the option key).

How about instead of getting into yet another pro/contra A+ 2.0 discussion we get back to the topic of the thread?

Has anybody noticed any SQ differences between Yosemite and Mavericks?

I subjectively believe to have heard an improvement between ML and Mavericks, but obviously didn't A/B. I didn't have enough time yet with Yosemite to make a judgment.

well, you wrote the sq could not have been affected ; a file accessed via proxy is different from a file played directly. Whether you hear the difference is not my concern ; but anyone who tries 2 vs 1.5.X in playlist mode can prove to oneself that the access to the file is different.

I'm sure you can't hear a database.

In fact, that is an extraordinary claim, which requires, to paraphrase Carl Sagan, an extraordinary amount of evidence.

The burden of proof is squarely on your shoulders.

Please prove that you can.

Can you also here the difference between database sizes?

Seems to be all of Europe (too)

We americans are not sure if you can afford it anymore.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

Downloaded from Aquinostan without problems, my Split Personality (from K-Pax) confirmed the same.

Not yet installed on my Mini music server. If somebody under Mac Asio drivers / Decibel / exaSound DAC already installed it, please let me know if it runs correctly under Yosemite (not talking about SQ).

BTW, I can't find any SQ differences between Mavericks's versions. Maybe I'm getting old, but at 92 in K-Pax you still are a kid (the same in Aquinostan).

Thanks,

Roch

Jesus guys,I don't understand you anymore.

First of all: i work with Yosemite as a betatester and i have it on my Mac mini for a couple of months and it works without a hitch.

Second iTunes is the best looking and most complete music-database there is. The same people that are saying that itunes is a PITA are defending A+ witch is areal PITA and a program that needs a lot of work. Look at the first 36 pages on this forum.

All the things you ask from Damian are already included in iTunes for years.

I understand that we need a more open system to play DSD and flacs, and samplerate switching, There is a app for that: A+ 1.5**.

Sorry guys give it a try and don't defent a programm that is iMO beta wile you have something that works and dont looks like a windowsprogam from the Win 95 era.

I like Yosemite icw iTunes and A+ 1.5.10 and i hate A+ 2 standalone version.

Philippe

I completely agree with PhVL - that has been my experience too.

-----------------------------------------

2-Channel System - Music Server OS: Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM, Audirvana 1.5xx and iTunes, USB DoP, Thunderbolt External Hard Drive. Source: emm Labs TSDX CD/SACD Player. DAC: emm Labs SE DAC2X. Preamp: emm Labs SE Pre2, Pass Labs XP-30, BAT VK-53SE. Amplifier(s): Pass Labs X600.5 x 2, Sanders Magtech Stereo. Loudspeakers: Sound Lab Millennium-1 PX with new Toroidals; 2 REL Gibraltar-1s. Interconnects: emm Labs Optilink, Analysis Plus, Voodoo S/PDIF. Loudspeaker Cables: Analysis Plus, REL BassLine Blue. Power: Shunyata, Synergistic Research, Analysis Plus.

2-Channel System - Music Server OS: Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM, Audirvana 1.5xx and iTunes, USB DoP, Thunderbolt External Hard Drive. Source: dmm Labs TSDX CD/SACD Player. DAC: dmm Labs SE DAC2X. Preamp: dmm Labs SE Pre2, Pass Labs XP-30, BAT VK-53SE. Amplifier(s): Pass Labs X600.5, Sanders Magtech Stereo. Loudspeakers: Sound Lab Millennium-1 PX with new Toroidals; 2 REL Gibraltar-1s. Interconnects: dmm Labs Optilink, Analysis Plus, Voodoo S/PDIF. Loudspeaker Cables: Analysis Plus, REL BassLine Blue. Power: Shunyata, Synergistic Research, Analysis Plus. Remote Control(s): iPad, Logitech Harmony Ultimate. Remote Control Apps: Apple Remote

We americans are not sure if you can afford it anymore.

While its a freebee we will grab it with both hands. Have you never heard of the Maltese breast stroke

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

well, you wrote the sq could not have been affected ; a file accessed via proxy is different from a file played directly. Whether you hear the difference is not my concern ; but anyone who tries 2 vs 1.5.X in playlist mode can prove to oneself that the access to the file is different.

Try memory play. If your problems persist, at least it rules out "proxy" vs. "direct" (whatever the hell that means).

Getting back on topic, I have noticed with 3 computers now their name changes from computer to computer (2) to computer (3) etc.. every time it wakes from sleep. I can work around this by having my Airport Extreme issue a static IP address, but this seems like a basic flaw (and is a bug I reported during beta testing).

Anyone else have this?

Not yet installed on my Mini music server. If somebody under Mac Asio drivers / Decibel / exaSound DAC already installed it, please let me know if it runs correctly under Yosemite (not talking about SQ).

Apparently one of the changes is that kernel extensions must signed or they won't load in Yosemite. If you rely on third party drivers for DACs or other hardware it's worth checking that they have drivers (or workarounds) for Yosemite available before upgrading.

After upgrading my iMac to OSX Yosemite I am even more impressed with AudiophileInventory and the dsf upsampling. Thank you Yuri.

HQ Player (#1) & Audrivana (#2) (wow! love the Apple w/music!!) .. these two software make my system "Amazing!", Purist USB- Benchmark DAC2 HGC (love it!), Purist Audio XLR , ATC SCM25A's (To Die For!) & Focal sub6 . Triode Power Cables with Uber Buss (Yes!) Also enjoy Audeze LCD3 w/"fat pipe cardas."

If somebody under Mac Asio drivers / Decibel / exaSound DAC already installed it, please let me know if it runs correctly under Yosemite (not talking about SQ).

Thanks, Roch

The exaSound drivers for Mavericks work fine on Yosemite. Several customers have emailed us that their upgrades worked without any glitches. We haven't seen any issues with Decibel and ASIO.

Has anyone that uses BitPerfect installed Yosemite yet? Any issues?

Installed Yosemite last night and running BitPerfect 2.0.1 right now. Seems to be OK so far. (And it's sounding very good!)

Russell

MacBook Pro 2021 16” (M1 Pro, 16MB RAM, macOS Ventura) > Audirvana Origin > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3