IGNORED

The Cable Company ???

A few questions here:

Does anyone know who the owner of this company, The Cable Company, is?

If so, might you have his or her email address? I want to send a direct email.

Also, what's your shopping experience been there?

Dave, who is not too impressed right now by that company

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

A few questions here:

I can't help you with the name of the owner. I have made several purchases from The Cable Company from both their main site and their used cable site and have been very satisfied with both the products and the service provided. I haven't used their in-home audition service because I live in Canada, but others have commented favourably on it.

I don't know what the nature of your communication is, but if you write to the company's main email address, I'm pretty sure that you will get an appropriate and timely reply.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

A few questions here:

I went there once to buy a Black Cat coax cable. It's not a store, it's a few offices on the 2nd floor of a small, two-story retail strip mall in downtown New Hope, PA. Everything seemed legit, and the woman who helped me was very nice, but 99% of their business is done through mail-order. Have you had a problem with them that could not be resolved over the phone?

I would have bought several thousand dollars worth from them over last four years. Difficult, hard to obtain connectors take their time, usually the fault of the distributor, not the cable co.

Defective cables are promptly dealt with, little fuss.

I usually deal with John Pharo, there are a few others on staff, all are very good. Highly recommended.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Well, it sounds like my problem is more glitch than something worse.

In my case, it's not a "difficult, hard to obtain connector" but the manufacturer might be part of the glitch.

Still, I don't like my credit card being charged, and then the seller doesn't ship for over 2 weeks.

I don't know what your perceptions are, but having bought thousands of things -- not just audio toys -- from hundreds of sellers online over the past 15-plus years, it seems that most, nearly all, do not charge my credit card until they ship. (Not counting PayPal payments, which is a different structure.)

I think, from comments here, I'll give them a few more days before I send my next email.

Thanks for your comments.

Dave, who says when someone says they'll ship and then doesn't ship and doesn't communicate, well that doesn't sit right especially when its a first-time order

Well, it sounds like my problem is more glitch than something worse.

In my case, it's not a "difficult, hard to obtain connector" but the manufacturer might be part of the glitch.

Still, I don't like my credit card being charged, and then the seller doesn't ship for over 2 weeks.

I don't know what your perceptions are, but having bought thousands of things -- not just audio toys -- from hundreds of sellers online over the past 15-plus years, it seems that most, nearly all, do not charge my credit card until they ship. (Not counting PayPal payments, which is a different structure.)

I think, from comments here, I'll give them a few more days before I send my next email.

Thanks for your comments.

Dave, who says when someone says they'll ship and then doesn't ship and doesn't communicate, well that doesn't sit right especially when its a first-time order

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cable co supplier is at fault here, often promises are made and fall through due to a dozen reasons distributors fail to deliver. If the item is in their stock it takes a few days to ship to the cable co, and then to your place.

By all means send an email to chase the whereabouts of your item, once shipped the cable co sends a shipping advice with tracking number.

Hmm sure does sound like the delay can be directed towards the distributor which personally I have little faith in at times, well all the time come to think of it.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Hmm sure does sound like the delay can be directed towards the distributor which personally I have little faith in at times, well all the time come to think of it.

Well, in this case, it's not a distributor but the cable manufacturer.

And when I've dealt directly with that manufacturer, things have always gone well.

But yes, a third email from me to The CC might be the charm.