IGNORED

Aurender X100L - DSD Playback?

I am considering the purchase of the Aurender X100L and had a question about DSD playback.

The software notes state that you can copy a SACD ISO file and the unit will automatically convert the ISO file to DSF files. The specs also state that DSD playback is accomplished via DoP. Does the Aurender X100L convert the DSF files to DoP (FLAC) on the fly or do you need to convert the DSF files to DoP (FLAC) and copy those files to the X100L for DoP playback?

Thanks

I am considering the purchase of the Aurender X100L and had a question about DSD playback.

The software notes state that you can copy a SACD ISO file and the unit will automatically convert the ISO file to DSF files. The specs also state that DSD playback is accomplished via DoP. Does the Aurender X100L convert the DSF files to DoP (FLAC) on the fly or do you need to convert the DSF files to DoP (FLAC) and copy those files to the X100L for DoP playback?

Thanks

Unfortunately I do not have a SACD ISO file to test, but DSF files will be converted "on the fly" to 24/176 kHz when using a non DSD Dac and played natively on a DSD Dac, at least this is indicated by my iDSD nano Dac.

Unfortunately I do not have a SACD ISO file to test, but DSF files will be converted "on the fly" to 24/176 kHz when using a non DSD Dac and played natively on a DSD Dac, at least this is indicated by my iDSD nano Dac.

Thank you for the reply.

My DAC is a PS Audio DirectStream DAC which needs to receive DSD as DoP via the USB input. I was hoping to keep the files in their native DSF state on the Aurender for DSD playback on the DirectStream. I would prefer not to convert the DSF files to the DoP/FLAC format. It just seems like a waste of time and storage space.