IGNORED

Aurender/Berkeley Alpha USB

Hi,

New member and hoping to get some help. I have an Aurender X100L and a Berekely Alpha USB. I tried to connect them with a WW Platinum Starlight USB cable. The Berekely showed it was getting signal but would not output any sound. I switched to another USB cable I had lying around and it was fine. I then tested the WW USB cable from the Aurender directly into my Devialet and it worked fine. Would welcome any ideas/thoughts as to why this may be happening.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello,

Aurender has stated there is a known conflict between their unit and the Alpha USB. I have corresponded with them on the issue. This was posted on the other Aurender thread.

Wdw

This just came in from Aurender support,

"Hello Warren,

First of all, thank you for your interest in Aurender.

The information is correct. At this point, Berkeley Alpha USB has the compatibility issue with Aurender and we don’t have a plan to fix this issue at this point.

Actually, it is not the chipset issue since other DACs with same issue works without this issue.

Best regards,

Eric Shim"

Thanks for this. Any idea why one USB cable would work and another would not?

That's is quite interesting that one would work but not the other....I'm told that the Alpha will not pass 192 or something similar...this is only with the X100 and S20.

Your system is comprised of equipment that I am keenly interested in...how are you enjoying the Aurender (excepting this issue with the Alpha) and Devialet? Considering both myself.

That's is quite interesting that one would work but not the other....I'm told that the Alpha will not pass 192 or something similar...this is only with the X100 and S20.

Your system is comprised of equipment that I am keenly interested in...how are you enjoying the Aurender (excepting this issue with the Alpha) and Devialet? Considering both myself.

I really like the Aurender. The app and overall functionality is exceptional. Build quality is top notch. I posted some initial thoughts on the Devialet Chat forum. I still have more A/B listening to do but am currently running it with the Berkeley Alpha. This combo seems preferable than the direct USB but I need more time to fully sort through both options.

I checked for 192 and no issues passing signal to the Devialet with the alternate USB cable.

I really like the Aurender. The app and overall functionality is exceptional. Build quality is top notch. I posted some initial thoughts on the Devialet Chat forum. I still have more A/B listening to do but am currently running it with the Berkeley Alpha. This combo seems preferable than the direct USB but I need more time to fully sort through both options.

I checked for 192 and no issues passing signal to the Devialet with the alternate USB cable.

OT but are your speakers SAM ready and, if so, was the software change a welcome one...glad to hear about the app functionality...did you have a computer/MAC/CAPS before? If so, was the Aurender just simply better?

BTW, what is the second USB cable?

...I know, lots of questions but you have the system I seriously thinking of moving to...Many thanks for your thoughts.