IGNORED

Hello Everyone

alice

Hi All,

Wanted to say hello to all here.

I have to admit I had some questions that brought me here, but later about that.

Iam a headphone audiophile predominantly as my lifestyle does not permit to have a speaker setup.

I have been to the dark side (vinyl) and have enjoyed it but am BACK, don't know why.

So hello again, I'am Alice.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I mainly read and don't post much, using the forum as an educational resource rather than as part of my social life (either or both is fine of course). There is a lot of information here posted by very passionate members. With a bit of discrimination you can learn a great deal from the group.

Best,

Mark

Welcome on board. I've learned a lot here; Computer Audiophile is a great resource.

I have 3 stereo systems and two complete vinyl setups. I enjoy them and, at times, there's nothing that can replace them. On the other hand at least half of my listening is via computer, DAC, and headphones. Even with the cost of high res downloads, this setup is the most economical and convenient way to get a quality listening experience.

I love headphones -- and soon I have to just stop buying more of them. :-)

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

Another headphone user here. I predict in 15 years or so we'll be in the majority!

That will be OK to me too. Headphones have come a long way recently with isodynamic designs from HiFiMan, Audeze, and even Oppo. Still not many competitors in the ES camp, though. The thing keeping me from a wholesale commitment to 'phones is their very unrealistic imaging and sense of space (not fond of having an orchestra in my head - between my ears, although I guess even that's better than having nothing there! :) ).

George

Alice,

A warm and heartfealt hello to you. There's nothing wrong with a headphone based system, it's all about the music and that's all that really matters.

If there's anything specific that we can help you with, post your question and we'll do our best to reply.

Thanks,

Have posted a question here :

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f10-music-servers/music-streamer-source-21985/

Hi, welcome to the forum. I mainly read and don't post much, using the forum as an educational resource rather than as part of my social life (either or both is fine of course). There is a lot of information here posted by very passionate members. With a bit of discrimination you can learn a great deal from the group.

Best,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I agree lots of good information here, especially on new high resolution PCM and DSD downloads and alerts of limited-time legitimately legal free ones. I find the Music section of forums most helpful but also check the What's New section daily. I no longer post much anywhere on the internet.

Hi All,

Wanted to say hello to all here.

I have to admit I had some questions that brought me here, but later about that.

Iam a headphone audiophile predominantly as my lifestyle does not permit to have a speaker setup.

I have been to the dark side (vinyl) and have enjoyed it but am BACK, don't know why.

So hello again, I'am Alice.

Hello Alice,

Nice to see another woman here, I live in an apartment so I listen through speakers in the late afternoon and early evening, then after 11 PM I put on headphones until I go to sleep. I'm a night person so I am usually up till 3 or 4 am and hardly ever wake up before noon.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa