IGNORED

Jriver 20: WDM sighting?

What are the correct settings to enable WDM driver? I set JRiver MC 20 as the default in the audio devices, JRiver shows lpc and it appears to be "playing" but I have no sound output to laptop speakers. Do I need to change some settings in MC? I running windows 8.1

lost...

Thank You

Make sure the output in MC is to something other than the default (since default is now MC!).

Look in Options > Audio.

If it says it's playing IPC that means data is arriving, so you just need to plumb it to an output you can hear.

Matt Ashland, JRiver

• 5 months later...

Again, I want to thank Matt, Jim and company for giving us the WDM. I love Jriver and I expect to use Jriver for a long time. So, I'm not one of those deranged audiophiles who thinx Jriver don't sound as good as xxxxx brand software.

Overall, the WDM has been a headache and a disappointment. I've read the numerous threads on interact concerning the clix and stutters streaming tidal and spotify. Although some of the settings mentioned therein can improve performance, I've found nothing which can totally eliminate these WDM feautures. These problems DO fall into Jriver's lap for two reasons:

1. The stutters are universal. Any streaming app exhibits the stuttering when using Jriver WDM. There's no combination of settings which can eliminate the stuttering. I've tried everything. It's truly maddening.

2. Even if the stuttering is really out of Jriver's hands and is caused by the streaming app, Jriver hasn't anticipated the need for a quality native Jriver streaming client. There's no Tidal, no Spotify and no ITunes.

I hope Jriver is working on a great streaming client because I have given up on the WDM, whatever the cause.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

While I appreciate the theoretical advantages of using WDM driver over WASAPI loopback (which took multiple reading of multiple Interact forum posts to sort of understand), I ended up reverting back to WASAPI loopback as I rarely re-direct my JRiver stream from one computer to another so it's easier for me to just log into the computer I want to stream music from, set JRiver to WASAPI loopback and start playing Tidal from there. Maybe it's psychological, I've found the frequency of stutter dramatically drops with playback this way (primarily for my CAPSv3 Carbon since my laptop and desktop don't have stutter problems with either setups).