IGNORED

Jriver 20: WDM sighting?

Where is it? I thought Jriver 20 would include a WDM sound device. This would be really nice when streaming spotify.

I know I should post questions like this on yabb.jriver but I preferred a more balanced response. This is a long over due and was the primary reason for me to upgrade to 20. I currently use the VB audio ASIO Bridge/HIFI cable. It works fine but I'd rather use something a bit more reliable.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

Hi. The WDM driver isn't released yet, but hopefully it will be in a couple months. We have most of the code working today, but the install routine is gross and we'd like to smooth it out.

It'll be pretty amazing once it's there -- any source played through the JRiver engine with the full suite of DSP available.

Matt Ashland, JRiver

Thanks Matt. This will make streaming a real breeze. Eg. Netflix, Spotify, WIMP.

Hi. The WDM driver isn't released yet, but hopefully it will be in a couple months. We have most of the code working today, but the install routine is gross and we'd like to smooth it out.

It'll be pretty amazing once it's there -- any source played through the JRiver engine with the full suite of DSP available.

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, as silly as this example of WDM sounds, I am watching Breaking Bad in upsampled DSD64 on Netflix (i.e listening to it through my home office headphones using JRMC20 beta, exaSound e28 and WDM; the lip synch is a little off but not the point; I can fix that with a myriad of JRiver tools). We are close!! :)

Yes, as silly as this example of WDM sounds, I am watching Breaking Bad in upsampled DSD64 on Netflix (i.e listening to it through my home office headphones using JRMC20 beta, exaSound e28 and WDM; the lip synch is a little off but not the point; I can fix that with a myriad of JRiver tools). We are close!! :)

Ted,

I learned a little trick with Netflix regarding lip sync. Your audio is prolly delayed a bit which is causing the lip sync issue. The Netflix player does have a way to dial in the video delay to compensate for lip sync. This is a big issue for me since I use ACOURATE FIR filters which introduce substantial delay. It takes a little trial and error but I got the video delayed such that everything feels natural.

I wish Jriver had a video delay feature for live TV. I use an mocur cablecard via Jriver and the video delay is disabled in Jriver for some reason. :-(

THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX

Works great on my Windows 7 Professional desktop computer! This is a great feature.

What should the sample rate in the WDM drivers be set to? The sample rate of the source material? For example, for Spotify, set to 24-bit, 44100 Hz? For YouTube videos, set to 48000 Hz?

Works great on my Windows 7 Professional desktop computer! This is a great feature.

What should the sample rate in the WDM drivers be set to? The sample rate of the source material? For example, for Spotify, set to 24-bit, 44100 Hz? For YouTube videos, set to 48000 Hz?

Well I suppose the best is to use a piece of software the sets the sample rate before playback. However, that's not realistic for web content. In that case, I think either choice is fine.

Thanks for the kinds words.

Matt Ashland, JRiver

• 2 weeks later...

It makes MC look like a driver in Windows, so that Windows or any other software can play to it. This is new.

Once the sound has been directed to MC, you're only limited by what devices MC can address. That hasn't changed.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

It makes MC look like a driver in Windows, so that Windows or any other software can play to it. This is new.

Once the sound has been directed to MC, you're only limited by what devices MC can address. That hasn't changed.

Hi JRiver,

Can the sound played through MC via its audio WDM be redirected to a UPnP/DLNA renderer connected to the same network - via UPnP push and/or pull modes?

Also, are there plans to provide a similar audio driver for OS X in the near future?

Thanks

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

• 2 months later...

What are the correct settings to enable WDM driver? I set JRiver MC 20 as the default in the audio devices, JRiver shows lpc and it appears to be "playing" but I have no sound output to laptop speakers. Do I need to change some settings in MC? I running windows 8.1

lost...

Thank You

What are the correct settings to enable WDM driver? I set JRiver MC 20 as the default in the audio devices, JRiver shows lpc and it appears to be "playing" but I have no sound output to laptop speakers. Do I need to change some settings in MC? I running windows 8.1

lost...

Thank You

Now set the audio device in JRiver to your laptop speakers (like direct sound, for example). The audio device selection is tools-options-audio