IGNORED

So, does Windows 10 have native USB Audio Class 2.0 Support?

Answer is yes.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

Wouldn't a manufacturer lean towards an ASIO solution as Sony, Yamaha that I know of, have delivered bypassing Microsoft's burdened overhead and obfuscation.

Microsoft failed to listen to consumers, if their attitude towards the consumer is an example of Windows 8 is any indication. Things maybe shifting towards, what the people want, with Windows 10 rather than the Apple approach of we know what you want.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Wouldn't a manufacturer lean towards an ASIO solution as Sony, Yamaha that I know of, have delivered bypassing Microsoft's burdened overhead and obfuscation.

Microsoft failed to listen to consumers, if their attitude towards the consumer is an example of Windows 8 is any indication. Things maybe shifting towards, what the people want, with Windows 10 rather than the Apple approach of we know what you want.

It's still not a out-of-box solution. The windows alone is blocking wide adoption of High-res format higher than 24/96.

While I like Windows OS itself, it is good to see non-Windows OS such as Mac and Linux, which both support High-res natively, are advancing and taking more market from Windows.

Hmmm .... thought I could trust the souce who posted that 10 had native support as he writes software for audio playback in windows .... since nobody else is saying they have tested it it looks like I will have to do it myself :-(

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

Hmmm .... thought I could trust the souce who posted that 10 had native support as he writes software for audio playback in windows .... since nobody else is saying they have tested it it looks like I will have to do it myself :-(

likewise, my source was incorrect in that only one of his devices was supported and that was the onboard speaker. When I uninstalled the driver the device was still using it somehow, so gave the impression of working natively. The MS argument is that their priority is developing features for Windows for 100 of thousands of users and USB Audio 2 isn't required for that. How they came up with Win 8 if that's their priority is another question.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

Definitely no USB Audio Class 2 support yet. But if you are running the preview, you should use the feedback app to vote for it.

The Windows audio stack is great - arguably better than the OS X audio stack. Just because Microsoft do not include UAC2 drivers does not change that.

Of course ASIO is a great option too.

I am sorry to forget to mention that I indeed tested myself with a flash Windows preview install.

I did sent the feedback using Windows Feedback app (god, such laughable and simplified app that is). It seems there are only 2 people mentioned USB audio problem before me.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked the same to Microsoft (link). Feel free log in there and give a +1 for the request, maybe they will listen...

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Microsoft answered, they are listening! :)

Everyone please give a +1 there to support the request (link).

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

Well it's not going to be out until mid-2015, so nobody knows yet.

The preview should be available later today: Windows Technical Preview is coming soon - Microsoft Windows

If the preview has support, I'm sure that it won't be dropped, but lacking support in the preview does not mean that there won't be any support in the final release.

Preview is available now.....I downloaded, but haven't installed it yet. I tried to respond to the thread on Microsoft website "Is Microsoft really listening??

Maybe Microsoft wants more users to switch to Apple.

• 9 months later...
ASIO is better anyways.

Absolutely. ASIO driver for my DAC plus KS through JPlay = heaven. At least once I got it working properly :)

Server2012 though, hopefully Win10 can do what 2012 does in that regard, it's something special.

Hey George, did you see my apology thread to you over in the Music Servers thread?

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

Holo May KTE, Benchmark LA4 preamp

SMC Audio upgraded DNA-125 Amp

Dynaudio Confidence C2 Platinum speakers

Vinyl rig - Schiit Sol, Nagaoka MP-500, Mod Squad PhonoDrive phono stage

Absolutely. ASIO driver for my DAC plus KS through JPlay = heaven. At least once I got it working properly :)

Server2012 though, hopefully Win10 can do what 2012 does in that regard, it's something special.

Hey George, did you see my apology thread to you over in the Music Servers thread?

Yeah can't wait to compare Windows 10 to my custom Windows embedded build. So far it kills anything I've heard.

Yeah can't wait to compare Windows 10 to my custom Windows embedded build. So far it kills anything I've heard.

Do you have this detailed/expanded on anywhere? I'd love to read about it!

Ryzen 3900x Roon Core PC -> Intel i9900k HQPlayer W10 machine -> iFi Zen Stream NAA

Do you have this detailed/expanded on anywhere? I'd love to read about it!

No I don't. Windows Embedded is the ultimate way to build an audio specific version of Windows. The reason why is it allows you to build Windows completely from scratch. You start with a basic core, and only add what is absolutely necessary to run what you need to run. You don't have any of the other crap that hogs resources and degrades sound. It's was made for ATM's and purpose built kiosks and things like that.

Only drawback is minimum quantity license orders are in packs of 100.

No I don't. Windows Embedded is the ultimate way to build an audio specific version of Windows. The reason why is it allows you to build Windows completely from scratch. You start with a basic core, and only add what is absolutely necessary to run what you need to run. You don't have any of the other crap that hogs resources and degrades sound. It's was made for ATM's and purpose built kiosks and things like that.

Only drawback is minimum quantity license orders are in packs of 100.

Very interesting, never heard of such a thing. After my revelations today, I need to seriously rethink building a more customary PC, and relegating my audio PC to core mode, and choosing my music through my iPad. I thought I was tapped out on better sound. I was wrong.

Very interesting, never heard of such a thing. After my revelations today, I need to seriously rethink building a more customary PC, and relegating my audio PC to core mode, and choosing my music through my iPad. I thought I was tapped out on better sound. I was wrong.

LOL, Go for it Todd. Love to watch you chase that rabbit down the hole. You have a good writing ability to portray it. Then I could choose those steps that gave you the biggest bang for effort and $$$.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Yes I think the server/renderer combo is the way to go for the ultimate setup. lighter weight operating systems on the renderer end is even better. Only problem is many USB interface DAC's preform best when used with Windows ASIO, rather than Linux or OSX. This is where Windows embedded shines, lightweight applications on low powered devices. Yet still retaining full Windows capabilities.