IGNORED

Miles Davis Kind of Blue HD Tracks

yes, it is a different remaster than most of the CD versions, direct from the tape

I am in disbelief how much better it is than the CD rip. Why is this? Have they remastered somehow? I dont believe its the fact that it is 192.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

there's other threads about this. On one thread specifically about comparing versions, I think every poster who had both preferred the PCM version from the last remaster. It's also available at AS.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

The 192 khz PCM version of this album is the best proof I can think of that hi res audio is not smoke and mirrors. And yes, 192 khz is a positive factor in this. As I understand it, the slope of the digital filter is negligible with high bit rates. My ears can't hear it in terms of frequency response per se but the overall resulting sound is more natural. We probably need a new flame war thread on this issue; I have not seen such a thing in a while. I am like Paul's grandfather in A Hard Days Night; a mixer.