IGNORED

Announcing Vinnie Rossi LIO

I'll be following this with great interest and thought others might find it interesting as well, including especially some of the technical stuff regarding the power supply, and the degree of modularity in construction. It includes a dsd capable dac as an option. The option of a tube stage is very attractive to me. This is just initial info with more to follow "soon":

6moons industry features: Vinnie Rossi the brand

I'll be following this with great interest and thought others might find it interesting as well, including especially some of the technical stuff regarding the power supply, and the degree of modularity in construction. It includes a dsd capable dac as an option. The option of a tube stage is very attractive to me. This is just initial info with more to follow "soon":

6moons industry features: Vinnie Rossi the brand

Thanks for that. He was dropping hints that he was up to something that would change his lineup dramatically. If I am seeing this correctly he is dropping his Lithium battery for capacitor banks. I wonder if he will continue to offer new battery packs for his older products or if we will be SOL. I really like my Cassabria headphone amp, it's one of those products I don't ever see myself wanting to get rid of (at least the near future.)

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

Thanks for that. He was dropping hints that he was up to something that would change his lineup dramatically. If I am seeing this correctly he is dropping his Lithium battery for capacitor banks. I wonder if he will continue to offer new battery packs for his older products or if we will be SOL. I really like my Cassabria headphone amp, it's one of those products I don't ever see myself wanting to get rid of (at least the near future.)

As he is starting an additional brand with it's own web site, I don't think he will dropping the old stuff.

I also seriously doubt he will stop supplying the battery packs. No reason for him to stop as long as he is still in business. He would only succeed in angering his existing customer base and ruin the resale value of their equipment - and they are the most likely buyers of his newer stuff.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

As he is starting an additional brand with it's own web site, I don't think he will dropping the old stuff.

I also seriously doubt he will stop supplying the battery packs. No reason for him to stop as long as he is still in business. He would only succeed in angering his existing customer base and ruin the resale value of their equipment - and they are the most likely buyers of his newer stuff.

I think he is actually dropping at least some of the old stuff. I inquired about a Cassabria headphone amp from him and he said that he had discontinued it and that something new was coming out (and this was 5 months ago.) Anyway, by all accounts he provides top notch customer service and I do feel like he would support his old models, even if it required a forced upgrade for something like a new power supply/battery/capacitor bank.

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

Hi All,

I am at NYAS '14 and someone emailed me a link to this thread. I will be posting more this coming week after the show, but I want to make one thing clear - I will be standing behind my Red Wine Audio customers with warranty (and out-of-warranty) support. This includes support when the time comes when you need a replacement battery pack.

More to come...

Thanks,

Vinnie

Vinnie Rossi

www.vinnierossi.com

• 2 weeks later...

I got this email (quoted in part) from VR this weekend:

(quote) Red Wine Audio will continue to be a brand. We'll continue to offering modification services, and will be offering OEM design services. But it is likely that the RWA product line will be discontinued by the end of this year. (end quote)

~Nombe

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

• 6 months later...

Bought it and test only the DAC part. Excellent sound. Out performing the Vinnie's previous product ie redwine HPA

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

Bought it and test only the DAC part. Excellent sound. Out performing the Vinnie's previous product ie redwine HPA

I'm hoping you could further explain your experience with unit. Particularly, if you are comparing it to a previous DAC and What other options you have in the unit.

• 1 month later...

There's a review at digitalaudioreview.net of a LIO with several modules: power amp, RVC+Tube state, phono stage.

He hasn't reviewed the DAC stage or the AVC volume control modules yet. That will be sometime during the summer.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)